Can I see your kiddos in the new gen. Britax's

love-pink

I sold the RN we had in DH's truck because of dd's terrible head slump. His vehicle seats are so stark upright it happened every single time she slept and she would wake up crying about her neck :(

So I have decided to get a convertible to keep her in until booster ready... not the most economical choice but, eh. Anything to keep her from getting sore necks and to keep our rides peaceful ;)

Can I see older/taller kids in the new gen. Britax's, MA or BLVD?

Trying to decide if the shell of the MA will be enough to keep the head slump away or if the BLVD is the only way to go....

DD is IN LOVE with the Cow... but I cant afford the pricier versions of the BLVD just for Cowmoo and would have to get the MA.

ADS

amelia222

My dd gets horrible headslump in the Marathon, worse than the Nautilus. She sleeps great in the Truefit and complete air though.

creideamh

My DD slept great in her Boulevard & Pavilion FF on the most upright recline. Never even a touch of head slump. Like most things, vehicle dependent I suppose!

momtoo3

Ds3 never had head slump in his MA70.

This is ds3 at 3 yrs 5 months and about 31 pounds, 37-38 inches.

And these are a few months later at 3 years 9 months about 33 pounds and 39 inches.

MotoMommaNH

Here's G...I think he is 37ish lbs and 36-37 inches...

View attachment 21419

ETA: this is the 1st recline angle. Never any bad issues with head slump. I didn't love how the 2nd recline angle installed in the middle seat of my Accord.

Last edited:
3 yrs, 11 mo. and about 38 lbs.

First one is deceiving, height-wise. He actually has about 1.5 in. of shell above his noggin.

And just for the cuteness factor, a 3-day old :love: I was washing the bassinet cover, so he hung out in the BLVD on recline while I folded laundry.

Last edited:

Phineasmama

I should have taken a pic of DS in his when we still had our Blvd. He was very comfy in it. He's 4 years old, 39" tall and 35 lbs. I had it in the more reclined position for FFing and we never had any head slump issues.

I sold that one to a friend but I decided to get him the FR90 instead of keeping him in a convertible. It's much easier for him to buckle himself in (which he loves doing) and he likes the built in cupholders.

love-pink

All the cuteness!!!

I thought about another FR90 for dhs truck but its so upright even in recline mode in his upright vehicle seats I think head slump is unavoidable. Convertibles have a recline to them so I think it should work nicely. Now I just need to get my hands on a cow blvd cover!

mlohry

Here is DD. She is 4, short and about 33lbs. She has never had issues with head slump.

2nd pic is how much room is left.

Last edited:

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
I'll try and get a picture when we go out today. We've never had a head slump issue. We have a blvd. My son is 4yrs 35lbs and around 40" I'll edit here to add later

love-pink

We went with the BLVD just to be safe ;) DD's mad that it isnt Cow though :rolleyes:

Her second choice was Caitlin... but Im going to see if I can swap someone for a Cow cover and surprise her :D

"Sleeping" :p

Better picture of the colors.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC