Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

I need as much info as yall can give me

my sons early interventionist was asking me about car seats today her son is 4 yrs old and 42lbs in a booster... i told her i thought her seat was suppose to be tethered but i would check to be sure... she does not have a tether on her seat anymore so i offered her my booster that im not using... she is also thinking about putting him back in a harness bc i told her how much safer it was and am going to send her the videos on you tube.. i need anything at all yall can give me... she is also going to hand out the books i gave her to other clients she only has children 3 and under and said most arent in car seat properly... this probably doesnt make any sense im in a hurry but i will come back and try to add more info in a lil bit... if you need any info on her about her son i can ask her just let me know what you need and what seats you recommend

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Re: I need as much info as yall can give me

Most (like, all except the Recaro Start) boosters are not meant to be tethered, only harnessed seats are tethered. 4 and 42 isn't bad in a booster, but yeah, harnessed is safer if she wants to explore higher weight harnessed seats (Regent/Safeguard/Apex/Radian)

Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Re: I need as much info as yall can give me

thank you i will be sure to call her and tell her it doesnt have to be tethered and which boosters she can get him