Graco Click Connect and other product news

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
All of this is tentative but here's what I know about what's coming to Canada for the Click Connect line.

The Classic Connect (i.e. what we have right now) will remain for now: the SnugRide (22lbs), SnugRide 30, and SnugRide 35.

The Click Connect is coming in late summer and involves a different attachment method. The geometry of the seat back has changed structurally, and that plus other shell changes means the Click Connect 30 and Click Connect 35 will both weigh less than the current Classic Connect 22 (got all those names?!) making it the lightest high weight carrier on the market.

The Click Connect will come in a 30 and 35 version, and the bases on them are the same. Some 'trim lines' will have a lock-off on the base of a similar style to the current SnugRide 35 that we know and love. The stand alone base is the same for both, and it will have a lock-off. The shape of the base is similar to the current SnugRide 30 that is straight and narrow. Some 'trim levels' will have various body padding, and both start at 4lbs. I think there is only one crotch buckle position but that is not for sure. The foot adjustment knob has been moved to the front of the base, but is not an infinite adjustment like the current 35 and is instead a stepped adjustment of 4 (I think) levels -- end result like the current 22 and 30 adjustment but with the knob like the 35.

Canada is not getting the Click Connect 40, and no plans to bring in the backless Connext booster either.

The backless Affix booster is out now, with a high back version coming this fall that will be exclusive to Canadian Tire.

ADS
U

Unregistered

Do you happen to know if the Click Connect will have base that attaches with Latch? Also will the straps require rethreading or not? Those are 2 items that are making me choose the Peg over the Graco right now....

Do you happen to know if the Click Connect will have base that attaches with Latch? Also will the straps require rethreading or not? Those are 2 items that are making me choose the Peg over the Graco right now....

I have the CC40 (which is not any bigger or heavier than my previous Snugride32...smaller and lighter, it seems) and it has LATCH as well as the new (to me) straps that can be adjusted in the back without having to rethread them.

canadiangie

Any Graco you find made after 2002 is going to have UAS/LATCH (in Canada we call LATCH the Universal Anchorage System or UAS). :)

Pixelated

The Click Connect straps will require re-threading. I believe the Click Connect 40, which Canada is not getting, has a no-rethread harness.

Honestly though - you do that only a handful of times in the use of the seat, and it's easy - 30 seconds - so that would absolutely not be a deal breaker for me. The huge weight difference of the carrier itself would, but these seats won't be out until late summer. If you have time to wait for it I'd at least do that and handle them and pick them up to see what you prefer.

U

Unregistered

And to clarify are you saying the seat by itself will weigh 4lbs???!!!???

U

Unregistered

OK, so I am totally sold on the new Click Connect and i'm super excited :) Does anyone have an actual release date for Canada? I'm due September 18th and want to get it ASAP. Thanks!

Pixelated

OK, so I am totally sold on the new Click Connect and i'm super excited :) Does anyone have an actual release date for Canada? I'm due September 18th and want to get it ASAP. Thanks!

As release dates aren't usually made public until much closer to the time, and delays are common, I would definitely have a Plan B in mind in case the seat isn't out in time for you. Late summer is all I was told, but that could easily change for a number of reasons.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC