Seam free underwear?

Cilia

DD1 has issues with clothes "not feeling right". She cannot have tags or seams on things and it is driving me nuts. And I cave...:eek: Underwear has been a big issue for over a year now. She has about 5 pairs that she can wear, but that is it. And she is getting bigger and the underwear are getting a tad small, so I need to get her new ones.

All the ones she is using now are actually diaper covers, the kind of underwear you get when you buy a skirt or dress for a toddler. They only have one seam in the crotch area and for some reason she does not mind that one. So, where can I buy more diaper covers in bigger sizes? DD1 is almost 7, but skinny and she can wear some diaper covers that are sized for 18 month old and some for 6 month old...

OR... Is there underwear out there without any seams at all? She has one set of Hanes boy shorts (I think that was what they call them), and they seemed fine at first, but not so much anymore. They have one seam that goes down the front and continues around and it does not fit comfortably with some pants...

Help!

ADS

Stephdeputy

We've been going through the same thing - started with underwear, progressed to socks, then pants (absolutely no blue jeans now - pretty much just leggings or bike shorts), and is now an issue with some t-shirts and dresses. It has gotten better. We used to have screaming fits every morning. I ended up buying some "Soft" brand underwear off the Internet. She liked them, but not anymore than some of her Hanes or fruit of the loom character panties that for some reason didn't bother her that day (even though they're just a different pattern than one that does). They were also very pricey. They might be an option though that would be worth a shot. For us there is no rhyme or reason to it. I can't identify specific tags or seams that cause a problem. Very, very frustrating!

kaylamom

We've been going through the same thing - started with underwear, progressed to socks, then pants (absolutely no blue jeans now - pretty much just leggings or bike shorts), and is now an issue with some t-shirts and dresses. It has gotten better. We used to have screaming fits every morning. I ended up buying some "Soft" brand underwear off the Internet. She liked them, but not anymore than some of her Hanes or fruit of the loom character panties that for some reason didn't bother her that day (even though they're just a different pattern than one that does). They were also very pricey. They might be an option though that would be worth a shot. For us there is no rhyme or reason to it. I can't identify specific tags or seams that cause a problem. Very, very frustrating!

I have a sensitive kiddo too....and the easiest way to deal with it was to turn the underwear and socks inside out so seam is on outside. T shirts....not so easy but there are plenty now that don't have tags.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
We've had good luck with the softness on these underwear. The seams aren't quite as prominent, and the elastic is covered.
Hanes ComfortSoft: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WBOSJ8/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: Hanes Girls ComfortSoft Waistband Cotton Stretch Briefs, 14-Assorted: Clothing[/ame]

We've also done these types, and they aren't quite as comfy for my DD, but I know all kids are different.

Fruit of the Loom Cotton Hipsters:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004YZ83TM/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: Fruit Of The Loom Girls 7-16 Girls 12 Pack Cotton Hipsters, Assorted, 6: Clothing[/ame]

Hanes ComfortSoft boy shorts (although maybe these are the ones you were talking about that you've already tried):
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VZDQMA/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: Hanes Girls ComfortSoft Waistband Cotton Stretch Boy Shorts Assorted 6: Clothing[/ame]

Cilia

OK, I will try the inside out. Don't know if she will go for that though, I mean, who wears their undies inside out :rolleyes:?

I will also look into the Hanes Comfortsoft.

Thanks everyone! This is driving me slightly mad. The socks are no longer a major issue and I can usually find something she can wear for real clothes, but undies... Sigh!

Xandra

No idea, just wanted to mention that I wear Fruit of the Loom hipsters, bikinis, and high waist, and they all have seems on the sides that dig into my skin. So you might want to avoid the brand unless the kids' are made differently. My DD's wear Hanes so I don't know.

Cilia

No idea, just wanted to mention that I wear Fruit of the Loom hipsters, bikinis, and high waist, and they all have seems on the sides that dig into my skin. So you might want to avoid the brand unless the kids' are made differently. My DD's wear Hanes so I don't know.

Funny thing is, the side seams do not seem to bother DD1. But thanks for the input!

tmahanes

I can't stand front to back seams either!

I have Gillian O'Malley modal underwear from Target that are super soft and only have a side seam..... Maybe see if the have a similar style in girls?

T4K

I LOVE American Eagle (Aerie) cotton boybriefs. I have been buying them since 2006 or 2007. Seriously, they are awesome. I wear a medium as a size 6 woman (I may even try larges soon) so I'm not sure how small an XXS would be or even how old your DD is. Just something to keep in mind. They do look big in store but shrink up a ton. I have problems with so many other brands and styles of underwear but these are seriously fantastic.

Cilia

Well, DD1 will soon be 7, but is very skinny. Skinny size 7s fall off, so I really truly doubt anything bigger than a kid size small or medium would fit her. But I will look at the sizing for the XXS.

Thanks!

Cilia

I LOVE American Eagle (Aerie) cotton boybriefs. I have been buying them since 2006 or 2007. Seriously, they are awesome. I wear a medium as a size 6 woman (I may even try larges soon) so I'm not sure how small an XXS would be or even how old your DD is. Just something to keep in mind. They do look big in store but shrink up a ton. I have problems with so many other brands and styles of underwear but these are seriously fantastic.

The Aerie look like thy would really be her kind of undie! Hmm, Do I dare give them a try? What if they are way to big for her and way too small for me? I am a size 0... Hmm, I need to think about this!

Xandra

The Aerie look like thy would really be her kind of undie! Hmm, Do I dare give them a try? What if they are way to big for her and way too small for me? I am a size 0... Hmm, I need to think about this!

I've never had underwear with a front to back seam unless they were boy shorts. I've worn Target, Fruit of the Loom, Aerie, and I have some made by Paul Frank.

I'd get one pair of Aerie and see if they fit her. If not she'll grow into them eventually. For comparison I'm a size 5/6 and wear small or extra small.

Cilia

I've never had underwear with a front to back seam unless they were boy shorts. I've worn Target, Fruit of the Loom, Aerie, and I have some made by Paul Frank.

I'd get one pair of Aerie and see if they fit her. If not she'll grow into them eventually. For comparison I'm a size 5/6 and wear small or extra small.

Can you get them in a store or do I have to order online? Silly question maybe, but all the ones I looked at was online only (I think).

Cilia

OK, so the aerie cannot be bought in a store here in XXS, but have to be ordered online. Are you sure there are no seams in the crotch area om them? In one photo it looked like they had a seam going across right where the fold is. And there cannot be any seams on them in the crotch area...:rolleyes:

T4K

OK, so the aerie cannot be bought in a store here in XXS, but have to be ordered online. Are you sure there are no seams in the crotch area om them? In one photo it looked like they had a seam going across right where the fold is. And there cannot be any seams on them in the crotch area...:rolleyes:

**feels crotch**

There are seams in normal underwear spots. Not like running through the crotch area. Just where they seam together the double ply cotton area.

Are you looking at boy briefs? I do have some aerie shorts (that I never wear) that do have a seam. Just make sure to order the right style.

Cilia

**feels crotch**

There are seams in normal underwear spots. Not like running through the crotch area. Just where they seam together the double ply cotton area.

Are you looking at boy briefs? I do have some aerie shorts (that I never wear) that do have a seam. Just make sure to order the right style.

I guess I have been too vague with my definition of crotch area. If I have to spell it out: I mean the whole area from where her vagina starts to where her butt crack ends.

The seams in normal underwear is what bothers her. The seams where they sew together the double layer of cotton, that is. I don't know what it is about this that bugs her but it does. Maybe not so much the front seam as the butt seam. I have a few pairs that have no seams at all in the problematic area. I think most training pants are sewn the perfect way for her, but there in no way she would wear training pants. They are just too thick for her. And she does know how to read, so no, she would not put them on. She refuses to wear the ones we already have in the house.

jheimes

Can you find some one to sew her some more in the same style as the dress bloomers that only have side seems? I wouldn't think it would be too difficult a project for somebody familiar with sewing knits.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC