Phase vs. discomfort

mamamia

26 month old DD (28 lb, 36 inches) has been happily riding RFing in her Wizard for about 1 year. Lately she cries everytime we get in the car saying she wants her seat in the back row FFing next to her sister. She keeps saying she doesn't like her seat the way it is. I am beginning to think she may not be comfortable with the recline, and minimal leg room. Of course with 2 year olds it is hard to know what is a phase-lol! She does ride FFing in DH's car a few times a month, so maybe she has decided that is more comfortable???? I would like to keep her rfing, but it is hard psychologically to do so if she truly is unhappy/uncomfortable.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I don't think she's uncomfortable, she just wants to be like her big sister!
It was easy for me to convince my 3-4 yo dd and her older ds that SHE was the lucky, more comfortable one, but trying to reason with a 2 yo is a lot harder.
If you can't talk her into loving RF, then don't torture yourself trying to keep her that way, IMO.

:)

mamamia

well, I held out for 3 months, and put her FFing. It is kind of traumatic for me since she is only 27 lbs. She is now 40 inches though, and was really complaining about being uncomfortable. She is now an absolute pleasure in the car, and has told me and DH how much more comfortable she is now. At least she is 2.5 years old now, so she did spent a long time rfing. GIven that all her height is in her torso (her torso is the same length as my 4.5 year old) the head rest on the wizard is a tiny bit above the seat back.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Well, kudos for hanging on longer...maybe she'll change her mind and decide rf is funner before she's 33 pounds, lol.
A ff 2.5 yo in a LATCHED WZ in an airbag loaded Sienna is one safe kid, that's for darn sure...so I wouldn't sweat it ;)

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Wow, she's tall! I need to remember to measure my kids today since it's the 1st of the month. Neither of my kids has grown in 2 months, so they are both due for a spurt. Last month dd was 35.5" tall and is around 31 lbs. and I just turned her back rf in her new Marathon, lol.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
My kiddo is also 40" ~ turning 3 in two months, but only 25 pounds STILL.... Anyway, we reverted back to RF almost a year ago I think & she was really happy! Then just recently my sister started making negative comments about her beign RF & I'm still not sure if that had anything to do with the issue or not really {because as young as she is, my daughter understands she's safer & why that's important}. Anyway, she started complaining that her legs hurt even though up till this point she's prefered to bend her legs rather than have them dangle off the edge like in my mom's car. So, I looked at her thighs & saw some red creases -- I decided to turn her FF & she hasn't been complaining about her legs hurting this week. I still wish she were RF, but if it actually hurts her to sit that way, then I guess FF isn't so bad at her age, right? :rolleyes:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
GUESS WHAT? My kiddo finally gained 2 pounds {LOL}

Just had to share ... she's been at an even 25 pounds for sooooo long!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC