Looking for non-minivan vehicle

bakinlove

must seat 5 - 3 in car seats, 1 FFing 4.5 y/o, 1 RFing 2.25 y/o, and 1 infant. Bonus for extra seating, must have tow capabilities, must have reasonable gas milage (23 mpg min), 4wd/awd a bonus but not a must have, and the kicker it needs to be in the 10-12K range
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thank you!

ADS

NVMBR02

What are you going to be towing? I love, love, love my Pilot but wouldn't recommend it for serious towing. I think the tow rating is only 4000 lbs or something low like that. We have a small pop up that it does great with but Dh and I were just talking about if we decide to get a real camper we would need something better for towing (we'd probably just go for a truck for Dh then).

SavsMom

Stupid question, but do you need it to carry 5 people total, or 5 passengers? And as pp said, how much towing capacity do you need?

bakinlove

We need five people total: me, hubby, and the 3 kiddos. Towing capacity does not need to be outrageous, we have a light trailer for trips to the dump or metal recycling, we would consider a pop up or similar but don't have one currently so really 4K lbs would be plenty, I think our escape can tow 2500 and that has never been a problem.

MotoMommaNH

Look into the Toyota Highlander. It has a pretty respectable tow capacity for a vehicle that size. I'm not sure on the fuel economy but it's got to better than than the 4runner I'd think...

SavsMom

MotoMommaNH said:
Look into the Toyota Highlander. It has a pretty respectable tow capacity for a vehicle that size. I'm not sure on the fuel economy but it's got to better than than the 4runner I'd think...

Highlander is a great choice, just make sure it has the factory tow package (not just a dealer or aftermatket hitch). Fuel economy isn't bad either. However it may be tough to find one in your price range.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC