Radian chest clip...

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
how the #$&(@!)&$ do I get it off?!?!

I got my new Britax clip in the mail today (thanks elle7715!). But now how do I get the Radian clip off? I'm about to go nuts and take a bolt cutter to the thing...

Just kidding. Sort of.

ADS

broken4u05

haven't tired it yet. I will need to soon i think this weekend for the reason you said too. I will let you know what happens if you don't already have it done.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Make sure the stitched end is lined up correctly so both pieces go through togethr with no ripped stitches, and pull hard in a straight line through one slot at a time. Yu'll need to put a lot of slack between the two slots so you have something to hold onto for the first side.

Kimberly

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Make sure the stitched end is lined up correctly so both pieces go through togethr with no ripped stitches, and pull hard in a straight line through one slot at a time. Yu'll need to put a lot of slack between the two slots so you have something to hold onto for the first side.

Kimberly

YOU ARE MY SAVIOR!

I read that about 6 times before I got the "one slot at a time" thing (I was thinking you meant 'one strap at a time" at first). It was SO EASY! I feel like a dumb bunny :eek:

elle7715

LOL, I'm not proud of what I said while I was taking that thing off. Let's just say I criticized the people who invented that thing in a very creative way. Really, what on earth were they thinking with that clip?

Holly

Oh no, now I'm scared to change my chest clip!
I don't need to yet, the straps don't bother dd, but I know that eventually I will want to replace it.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Seriously, it was NOT HARD, but you kind of have to work it to get a 'loop' in th middle (so that you can do the one slot at a time. It took me a minute (and the use of a mechanical pencil tip ;)), but it worked, and took all of 20 seconds once I figured it out.

But yeah, rue to those who thought that clip was a good idea!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm trying to decide if mine's driving me nuts yet...I hate how it makes the harness look all weird (loose in funny places, lol) on dd, but it's not 'so bad' that I'm looking forward to trying out my Britax clips...maybe when the weather's a little cooler and my cover needs washing... :rolleyes:

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I'm trying to decide if mine's driving me nuts yet...I hate how it makes the harness look all weird (loose in funny places, lol) on dd, but it's not 'so bad' that I'm looking forward to trying out my Britax clips...maybe when the weather's a little cooler and my cover needs washing... :rolleyes:

I would totally use the Britax clip, except the only reason Danny can tolerate the one on the Britax is because the HUGS lift it up so it doesn't press into him and cause bruises. So that doesn't really solve my problem.

I thought about putting a Britax one on the Princess since DS probably won't ever ride in that one, but it would just agravate my 72 yr old Grandpa to have two of the same seats have different rules. And yes he uses them regularly.

Kimberly

tjham

I have my new chest clip and my new buckle tongues to put on my granddaughter's Radian, as soon as my son visits. The Radian is in his truck. She hasn't complained about the chest clip or harness straps AND she took off the harness covers! Strange. But I don't like the way it looks. I'm glad I found this thread before I attempted to change it!

Morganthe

Kimberly

Hmmm, I just tried to add to your reputation and it told me I needed to spread it around before I give it to you "Again"... I don't remember when it was last that I did so :confused: I wonder if the program's messing up :mad:

Anyway, thanks for the instructions. I remember you had posted them, did a search, and voila!! I had been puzzled for 5 minutes and getting a little irked. Bad things happen when I get irritated at gadgets! :eek:
So thanks very much for your simple post. :D It saved loads of breakage.:whistle:

The Britax clip fits dd's chest so much better. It's softer and more flexible. Honestly, what was SKJP's thinking when they designed that hard clip? :mad:

Morganthe

I would totally use the Britax clip, except the only reason Danny can tolerate the one on the Britax is because the HUGS lift it up so it doesn't press into him and cause bruises. So that doesn't really solve my problem.

Not exactly kosher, but you could conceivably put HUGS on the Radian strap too since they work under the theory that they add friction and stickiness to silky harness straps :shrug-shoulders: :whistle:

I wonder what Russ would say to that suggestion? :eek::confused:

Splash

Not exactly kosher, but you could conceivably put HUGS on the Radian strap too since they work under the theory that they add friction and stickiness to silky harness straps :shrug-shoulders: :whistle:

I wonder what Russ would say to that suggestion? :eek::confused:

The Radian is the strongest seat in the world blah blah blah chest clip deforming blah blah blah melt it down blah backhoe blah blah blah reuse after three crashes blah blah blah mighty tite christmas tree.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The Radian is the strongest seat in the world blah blah blah chest clip deforming blah blah blah melt it down blah backhoe blah blah blah reuse after three crashes blah blah blah mighty tite christmas tree.

:ROTFLMAO:

BudgieStew

:ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO:

:ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO:

BRB, gotta make an unscheduled trip to the lavratory.... :eek:

ETA: I actually changed out the chest clips on our two today. :D

elle7715

Those chest clip instructions were great! Took me no time at all. The buckle tongues were another matter....:rolleyes:

I just switched out our buckle tongues today...what a PITA! But I'm so much happier with the larger ones. My only problem with the seats was the chest clip and buckle tongues. Why won't they change those stupid things?

tjham

I finally did mine (washed cover, changed chest clip and buckle tongues, put on FPSVD harness covers that cannot be ripped off :rolleyes: ) and was so glad to have this thread to refer to for removing the old chest clip. It was strange! But I had no trouble with changing the buckle tongues :confused:.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC