Vent I really wanted this 3-across to work with frontier 90:(

lmiranda8681

I figured it wouldn't but I thought there was a chance I could fit it in the middle of my 3rd row. The belt in that spot is really weird, where the shoulder part comes from the ceiling and does not lock, and the lap belt has a cinching(I think?) latch plate. Anyway, I thought that would be the perfect spot for that seat but it was just a smidge too tight to fit the other radian. They do Not puzzle well at all. Is there a hbb or something that is narrower than a radian? Probably not:/ I have 3 kids(rfing, ffing and hbb) and I will need to watch at least 1 child to pay for their school in the fall but I would like to keep my options open to watch 2, but I would need to be able to fit everyone as my older two will be in school 30min. Away and I need to drop them off and pick them up. I think I will return it and buy another radian but I'm really sad because I loved the click tight:(

Attachments

• photo (7).JPG
    photo (7).JPG
    134 KB · Views: 90
  • photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 111
ADS

nylle

I actually just got a three across with a radian ff, frontier 90, and radian rf. I'm still in shock but they actually puzzled well. This was in a 2007 Odyssey third row. Previously I had a ff radian in the position that the frontier is in.

Attachments

• image-3051432326.jpg
    image-3051432326.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 103

Jessica61624

Actually the frontier and radian DO puzzle really well together. The trick is have an angle adjuster. Also I did not use the recline on the fr90 and pulled it slightly forward. My back seat is 42in(of usable space) and they fit! Also always stat from the side, not the middle.

Notice the gap at the seat bite.

nylle

Good point! I also started from either side and installed the Frontier 90 upright, not in recline mode. Pretty excited as I did not expect it to work for three across.

lmiranda8681

I really hate how my 3rd row is. there are big pieces of plastic so I can't have a RFing radian all the way over, it has to be centered for the boot sit in the seat the right way.

Janina

I actually just got a three across with a radian ff, frontier 90, and radian rf. I'm still in shock but they actually puzzled well. This was in a 2007 Odyssey third row. Previously I had a ff radian in the position that the frontier is in.

You were able to install the fr90 in the center of the 3rd row? I was under the impression that you couldn't install it there because both the shoulder belt and the lap belt have a retractor. At least that was wat I got from reading the britax manual. I'd love to learn different.

MommyShannon

You were able to install the fr90 in the center of the 3rd row? I was under the impression that you couldn't install it there because both the shoulder belt and the lap belt have a retractor. At least that was wat I got from reading the britax manual. I'd love to learn different.

Not OP, but they don't both retract. The only retractor is in the roof. You pull the belt down and attach to a female end on the seat. It then works like a regular 3pt belt. I put our FR85 there.

Janina

Not OP, but they don't both retract. The only retractor is in the roof. You pull the belt down and attach to a female end on the seat. It then works like a regular 3pt belt. I put our FR85 there.

Thank you. I hadn't actually looked at it and just made an assumption based on memory. With number 3 on the way, I was hoping to puzzle te fr90 and rf rat in the 3rd row wile still keeping one seat foded down. I tried it with fr90 on the left side and rat in middle but it didn't work well. Hoping the reverse works better.

nylle

MommyShannon said:

Yes, thank you! It's the way MommyShannon described it. : )

lmiranda8681

I'm still confused about how that seat belt works. I don't see how it's safe when the shoulder belt doesn't lock. What would happen if a regular passenger were riding in that spot? would it be like only having a lap belt?

nylle

lmiranda8681 said:
I'm still confused about how that seat belt works. I don't see how it's safe when the shoulder belt doesn't lock. What would happen if a regular passenger were riding in that spot? would it be like only having a lap belt?

It does lock. It works just like the other seat belts in the third row. The seat belt can be locked at the retractor in the ceiling.

MommyShannon

Its like any belt. Its a static point on the bottom, retractor on top. Pull it from the middle to buckle on the other side. It locks by pulling it out all the way. It cannot be used as a lap only which might be why you're confused. Its not two separate pieces. I'd take pics but my FR85 is there right now and I'd have to uninstall it and the MA70 beside it.

lmiranda8681

It does lock. It works just like the other seat belts in the third row. The seat belt can be locked at the retractor in the ceiling.

Mine doesn't. It seems to only get tight at the lap part. All my other belt you pull all the way out and then it locks. I know I must be missing something...

lmiranda8681

Its like any belt. Its a static point on the bottom, retractor on top. Pull it from the middle to buckle on the other side. It locks by pulling it out all the way. It cannot be used as a lap only which might be why you're confused. Its not two separate pieces. I'd take pics but my FR85 is there right now and I'd have to uninstall it and the MA70 beside it.

Ok I feel really dumb right now, but thank you for taking the time to explain. I'm about to go out right now and check it out. I never unbuckled the thingy on the right. I use it like a regular lap/shoulder belt but it seemed to only get tight at the plastic part near the male buckle.

lmiranda8681

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

here is a picture. the car manual just says to buckle the small end, then the big end. but I'm still not getting how the shoulder part locks. Am I suppose to be able to feel it lock? I feel really stupid :(

lmiranda8681

ok, it only took me 2 years to figure this out. I just buckled myself in there, lol. it doesn't lock like the others because it's not ALR. If I pull on it really fast, about half of the time it did lock, so I just hope that that would happen in the event of an accident. SO, assuming a booster even fit in the spot it would be ok to use? And when install a convertible or combination seat there do I need to use a locking clip?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC