Funny little ERF teaching moment

mom of six

So...I have a decal on the back of my van that says "My toddler is still Rear-facing. Ask me why?"

It has been on my van for 6 months and up until yesterday the only people who had asked me about it were the girls in the Youth Group I lead. Until yesterday. I was driving home from my weekly shopping excursion and while waiting at a stop light the lady in a car next to me motioned for me to roll my window down.

I did and here is our conversation:

Lady in Car: Why is your toddler still rear facing?
Me: (with a huge grin) because it is 5 times safer.
Lady in Car: Oh!! I was wondering because I have a 3 year old.
Me: It protects their head and neck. Their legs may get bunched up but it won't hurt them.
Lady in Car:OK, good to know.

Then the light changed and we parted. I tried to stay close enough to her to scope out her seat:rolleyes:. She did have a FF car seat in the back seat but I was not able to see what kind it was (my skills are rusty).

I was beaming all the way home:dance::jive::love::thumbsup::hug::happy-wavehello:

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC