update on my SIP, RN, craziness (long)

Kel

Hi everyone! Over the past week, I've made several post asking questions. From RN questions, FFing questions, outboard questions, etc......so I thought I'd update all my post in one, lol.

After switching seats around In our vans, I thought I'd be ok with FFing my just turned 3yr old in my DH s van. He rarely ever rides in it. I mean like once or twice a month. But I just can't do it. I didn't even make it down the drive, lol. So he still has a clean driving record, lol. I know lots of people FF in one and RF in another vehicle, but I guess I'm not at the point.

So, I've got a RXT coming. Guess I'm in the ranks of those that answer YES to buying a new RFing seat for a 3yr old! I'm hoping I'll like it FFing down the road, but if not, that's ok. This also solves my RN outboard FFing fears.....for now anyway. Many of you suggested the prosport, it looks great. I'll be scoping out NBD if I don't like the RN FFing later.

My other post asked about letting teen pick out board seats, I let one today. He was happy to have a cubby and cup holder. He thanks you, lol.

I guess wit h 6 kids, I just had a horrible case of mommy brain this week, lol.

So,Thanks for your thoughts and for reading!!!

ADS

Kel

Thanks. My DH probably thought I was moving into the vans! I kept sneaking out to try different seats so he didn't think I was nuts, lol.

I hope the RN comes while he's at work lol.

Kel

My DH doesn't care how many seats I buy. He just doesn't need to see me drooling and fondling, you know? Which I do to all new seats.

bnsnyde

I'm mom to 5 in IL, too.

My 3.5-year-old son just turned FF in his Radian. He had a bit of room left RF (we shuffled seats once new baby was born) but has very little room FF. I don't even know if he'll make it to age 4.5 in it. Long torso, and I prefer straps above shoulders. But the Prosport is awesome and we love it...just too wide for our set up in the van.

Funny since my other son lasted until over age 6!

Oh, and I've timed seats to arrive during the day. :) I play with them at night.

Kel

Hi! Nice to meet you what part of Illinois are you from? We're sorta in the Quad cities...out skirts a few miles.

Do you know your sons torso hight? My son is only 38", but a long torso I guess. I have a 12 passenger van, so have room for the pro sport.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC