A toe in the booster waters.

jess71903

Ambassador
I just sold my Regent and TFP today. Now I have some car seat money burning a hole in my pocket :p. I am thinking that it's silly to spend money on a harnessed seat for my nearly 6 year old. I am thinking I want a booster for him to start out in rarely-used DH's car, and for booster training.

There's no way no how DH will buckle a booster after use, and won't remind Gage to do it. I'm thinking I want a LATCHable booster so it's not even a discussion. Plus, Gage tends to use his seat to climb in probably more than most kids, so something anchored to the car is probably a good thing just so he doesn't pull it over on his head, or tip it completely out of the car.

Before I decided I wanted LATCH, I thought I wanted a Turbo with Safety Surround. Now I'm looking at the Affix. I want a seat that doesn't need head support, just in case. I think highbacks that need head support are stupid :jive:. I'm also not wanting to spend very much. I could do a higher-end seat, but I'd probably keep a watch for one on Swap.

So, thoughts? Any input on the Affix?

ADS

flutie128

I have a affix backless and DS loves it. I am considering getting a high back affix to start booster training my DD. I am waiting for the purple one to come out though. She will love it.

jess71903

Ambassador
I have a affix backless and DS loves it. I am considering getting a high back affix to start booster training my DD. I am waiting for the purple one to come out though. She will love it.

Yeah, even for my son, it might have to be the purple one. It looks kind of grayish-purple...not so lavender.

Athena

Parkway SGL doesn't require vehicle head support (explicitly in the manual) and it has the nice Britax latch buckles and a cool continuous tightening thing that only needs to tighten from one side. (Well, I thought it was cool.) It was the tallest dedicated booster option I found that fit those two criteria and for not much more than the affix. HTH

aept

Parkway SGL doesn't require vehicle head support (explicitly in the manual) and it has the nice Britax latch buckles and a cool continuous tightening thing that only needs to tighten from one side. (Well, I thought it was cool.) It was the tallest dedicated booster option I found that fit those two criteria and for not much more than the affix. HTH

This is what I was going to recommend. I think the secure-guard is an added bonus for new booster riders, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

jess71903

Ambassador

My initial thought was the Parkway SGL. I want easy-to-buckle, too, and it looks like it would be.

Athena

My initial thought was the Parkway SGL. I want easy-to-buckle, too, and it looks like it would be.

My new booster rider can buckle it, if that helps at all. She's only been in it a few times. Of course, I think how easily any booster buckles depends on the car, but it works great for us and for only about $100, I'm happy with it as her secondary seat.

P.S. We're using the SG clip too. If nothing else, it makes me feel better. :)

mcomommy

My dd loves her Affix. It us a backless but is is easy to install and very comfortable for her.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Jessica61624

My favorite booster is the Monterey but there is the stupid head rest rule. I personally used it without and would again. I didn't like the oobr. Belt fit wasn't good and it didn't offer much leg support. Right now we have a parkway sgl. Since our 3 across is do tight we can't use the latch. I like it but its not the greatest fit. I don't know if its the seat belts or dd shape. The angle it hits dd makes me uncomfortable.

momtoo3

It's expensive but I love our Kiddy CruiserFix Pro. It has rigid latch so it doesn't move at all when getting in and out and doesn't require head support. The shoulder belt also never comes out of the guides.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC