Can I see pictures of 3 across in a caravan??

lmiranda8681

I have an '09 caravan and I have a hard time picturing how anyone can get 3 seats back there! lol. I have a radian and a coccoro and there was no way to fit a parkway next to it(which isn't that wide). Trying to figure out my options, would another radian fit with the coccoro & radian or should I get rid of the cocorro and get 3 radians?

ADS
I don't know if they're the same size, but we have a 2008 grand caravan,and i'm going to say it's impossible. I have tried and so has Kac, to get 3 across my back row using radians, myrides, sceneras, etc. Haven't been able to make any of it work.

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
You definitely don't need three radians. I've done two radians with a regent in the middle so I imagine anything would fit. I will admit though that this was in a '00 with a solid bench. Now I have an '05 with a split bench and those plastic pieces can be a pain depending on the seat.

momtoo3

Do you need RF, FF or both back there?

I don't know how an 09 compares to my 03 but I can get (all FF) CA/Scenera/HBTB, HiRise, Big Kid (any narrow booster) in the 3rd row of my 03. I have a split bench back there right now and the Scenera works well in the middle. I also have a solid 3rd row bench in the shed that I had in there before. I could get 3 across on that too. I don't think I could get 3 harnessed seats in there, at least without a lot of work but it works with 2 harnessed seats and a booster. I was also able to get a PWSG on one side of the Scenera with a backless booster on the other side before I needed 2 harnessed seats back there.

canadiangie

Do you need RF, FF or both back there?

I don't know how an 09 compares to my 03 but I can get (all FF) CA/Scenera/HBTB, HiRise, Big Kid (any narrow booster) in the 3rd row of my 03. I have a split bench back there right now and the Scenera works well in the middle. I also have a solid 3rd row bench in the shed that I had in there before. I could get 3 across on that too. I don't think I could get 3 harnessed seats in there, at least without a lot of work but it works with 2 harnessed seats and a booster. I was also able to get a PWSG on one side of the Scenera with a backless booster on the other side before I needed 2 harnessed seats back there.

Do you think you could get a rf Scenera / rf Radian / rf Scenera back there? I'm working in either an 02 or 03 on Saturday and that's what they need to have happen, ideally. (Nauti and SR22 in the captains chairs).

tiggercat

Do you think you could get a rf Scenera / rf Radian / rf Scenera back there? I'm working in either an 02 or 03 on Saturday and that's what they need to have happen, ideally. (Nauti and SR22 in the captains chairs).

I have an 02 and I think this would be possible. I can put a Blvd RF/RN RF/tween fairly easily. If I had a scenera handy I'd try it but I don't have any handy right now.
The RN in the middle may be tricky, but doable. An AA may be helpful if it's an older kiddo.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

momtoo3

If it stops pouring rain I will go out and try a RF Scenera/RF CA and see if I can move the Scenera to the other side. I don't have a Radian but it is narrower than the CA and a little lower profile so if the CA works I would guess the RN would too.

momtoo3

If it stops pouring rain I will go out and try a RF Scenera/RF CA and see if I can move the Scenera to the other side. I don't have a Radian but it is narrower than the CA and a little lower profile so if the CA works I would guess the RN would too.

Okay, it was EXTREMELY tight but I got them in there with a CA in the middle and a Scenera on the side and then the other side. There is so little room front to back that neither seat was able to be reclined to have the line level to the ground but the Scenera was closer than the CA. I think you will definitely need an AA for the RN. The RN might also help more than the CA because it is lower profile and won't bump the Scenera where the CA does. I would not want to have to install Scenera/CA/Scenera on a regular basis. It also will be really hard to load from the side. Although I do not have captains chairs, just the 2 person bench in the second row so I don't know how that changes things.

Oh and if the seat belts don't lock by pulling them all the way out (my mind is blank to the actual term :p) I would have locking clips ready for the Sceneras. I have locking latch plates and they get loose pretty easily. It's not a problem for me because the seats are FF and I take them out most weekends so they are reinstalled frequently but it could be a really annoying thing to find a loose seat that was already a PITA to install. Just from leaning over the Scenera on one side to buckle the CA, it got a little loose and it was rock solid before that point.

canadiangie

Okay, it was EXTREMELY tight but I got them in there with a CA in the middle and a Scenera on the side and then the other side. There is so little room front to back that neither seat was able to be reclined to have the line level to the ground but the Scenera was closer than the CA. I think you will definitely need an AA for the RN. The RN might also help more than the CA because it is lower profile and won't bump the Scenera where the CA does. I would not want to have to install Scenera/CA/Scenera on a regular basis. It also will be really hard to load from the side. Although I do not have captains chairs, just the 2 person bench in the second row so I don't know how that changes things.

Oh and if the seat belts don't lock by pulling them all the way out (my mind is blank to the actual term :p) I would have locking clips ready for the Sceneras. I have locking latch plates and they get loose pretty easily. It's not a problem for me because the seats are FF and I take them out most weekends so they are reinstalled frequently but it could be a really annoying thing to find a loose seat that was already a PITA to install. Just from leaning over the Scenera on one side to buckle the CA, it got a little loose and it was rock solid before that point.

Sceneras will be NIB so locking clips will be there.

I will message mom about an AA.

Thank you soooooo much for going outside to fight with seats!! :dance:

momtoo3

Sceneras will be NIB so locking clips will be there.

I will message mom about an AA.

Thank you soooooo much for going outside to fight with seats!! :dance:

No problem! It was the most exercise I have gotten in a while :eek::p. Makes me feel not so guilty about eating ice cream and drinking chocolate milk right now :p. Maybe I will try a new combo tomorrow to burn this off, LOL.

lmiranda8681

I bought a radian off nbd and right now I have 1 radian outboard rf, and a ff one in the middle next to it, and it's looking like it will be VERY tight with 1 more radian so I think that's the only option(I think the coccoro would fit but ds is just about outgrowing it). Neither hbb would fit back there. They must have changed something when it got to that model.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC