News Redesigned Subaru Forester aces tough new crash test; only 2 of 13 small SUVs tested earn Top Safety Pick+

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
The 2014 Subaru Forester is the first vehicle to ace every aspect of the challenging small overlap front crash test. The Forester and the 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, which earns acceptable in the test, are the latest vehicles to qualify for the Institute's recently inaugurated top honor, Top Safety Pick+. Other tested small SUVs earn poor or marginal ratings for small overlap.

FtiUJUTe_X4

More...

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I saw an ad on TV for this car, and they made a big deal about how rear occupant safety was their most important focus. I'd love to see more about this car, given these awesome new ratings, but mostly I'm curious to know what they meant by that assertion. Too lazy to google it, though, so I'll just wait to read about it here on the board :cool:

bpirof

I think they're making a huge deal marketing wise about their rear seat safety ratings because previous models were absolutely horrible, a friend of mine sells subarus and in 2011 when I was interested in buying one (and pregnant at the time) she told me she wouldn't sell me one bc they had a 2 star crash rating in the back seat... I'm glad they have improved it!!!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, good to know, thanks! All I know is they are so often such a big ol' pain to install carseats in (mostly the center) I never really thought about the rear crash safety ratings. (Three sets of LATCH with 100 pound limits and built in boosters would make me really happy, but I know it's a pipe dream, lol).

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Just to clarify, do you mean the side impact tests for the rear seat? These are actual crash tests done by both the IIHS and NHTSA in different configurations.

Or, do you mean the IIHS rear crash protection rating? This one isn't a crash test at all, but a subjective rating of vehicle seat and head restraints as they fit a typical male size dummy. They don't really affect the safety of kids in child restraints at all.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC