FR 90 wwyd

Kel

Would you by a FR 90 if you didnt NEED it for a large child? And you didn't need the easy Install?

This kinda goes along with my other post on a FFing RXT. If your child fit in the RXT and it installed great in your vehicle,would you still buy a FR for side impact protection?

My son will never use the full height, I'll never use latch or use it for a hbb. It would be bought just for SIP..I don't mind buying one, but I like that the RXT is more versatile and installs in seconds in my van. BUT it's will be outboard....

So wdyt, is the FR90 overkill?

Thank you!!

ADS

nannykates

Well glancing over a few of your posts the last few days it sounds like you are bothered by a lack of sip. If it makes you sleep better, go for it...I'm not ever going to stand in the way of someone and a new shiny seat!

MommyShannon

Buy it for the 2 cup holders, lol. I might. I haven't tried the 90 yet, but the FR85s have proven to be great, comfy seats for my kids. They had other "good" seats already, but I am glad I have the Frontiers.

Brianna

I would go for the MyRide if I were concerned about SIP- those sides are really deep
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSvaZlaUL9k"]Graco My Ride 65 | Forward Facing, Side Impact Test | 3 yr | Child Seat Crash Test - YouTube[/ame]

creideamh

I'd probably go for a ProSport if I wanted SIP and didn't need the harness height and/or easy install of a FR90. Assuming it fits the vehicle, of course.

Kel

LOL...yep...news seats are the best. I've been rearranging seats this week between my DH s van and mine. Plus add in a babysitting baby, and I'm going nuts, lol!

JCsMomma

I'd probably go for a ProSport if I wanted SIP and didn't need the harness height and/or easy install of a FR90. Assuming it fits the vehicle, of course.

This. I have a FR85 and ProSport, and both DD1 and I prefer the PS. The sides and headwings are deeper and I think offer more SIP. She has less head slump and the harness adjuster is super smooth. It's cushier as well. My DS needed the height of the FR85, but my daughter won't so the PS wins hands down (over the 85, and definitely over the 90 as I like the 85 better than that one).

Kel

Ok, I'm going to check out the pro sport too then.

Another seat added to my list, lol.

is the prosport wider than the FR?

Suzibeck

I love my Prosport! We borrowed a Frontier for a few weeks and I like the PS much better for my petite girl. It installs quickly and easily in my van, provides excellent side impact protection, no head slump and the harness adjustor is as butter smooth as my original Roundabout was. The PS has replaced the RA as my all time favorite seat.

mommytosavy

I love my Prosport! We borrowed a Frontier for a few weeks and I like the PS much better for my petite girl. It installs quickly and easily in my van, provides excellent side impact protection, no head slump and the harness adjustor is as butter smooth as my original Roundabout was. The PS has replaced the RA as my all time favorite seat.

I have heard the seat belt causes issues with raising the head rest on the prosport. Have you had issues with this problem? I am debating what booster to get and I am still confused. :confused:

Kel

Thanks ladies. I have a RXT coming for my van this week. He'll RF in it. I'm going to look at a pro sport for him in DH van.

what are the new differences in the newer performance one?

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
I prefer my prosport over the 85 too, but I install with LATCH because 1. My kiddo is a lightweight and 2. My seat belt is broken in that seating position.

I have been debating a 90 to replace my 85 in my in-laws car because I HATE having to install it in their outback. But it seems like overkill, and I can install, there are just days I'm running late.

Kel

I never realized how many people preferred pro sports....and my list grows...

Cryssy Jane

I'm the total opposite. I want to love the prosport but have had two and they don't last long in this house. I much prefer my frontiers. Then again I have ginormous kiddos I watch. Monkey however is 4 years 1 month 41.5 inches tall, 36lbs and wears 4-5t tops and is on the tallest setting in the prosport but has miles to grow in the frontiers.

Phineasmama

I don't prefer the prosport, I mean...the seat itself is really nice. But I don't like how the 3 point belt install was in my van with the forward shoulder belts, I don't like how there are only like 4 harness height positions so if you move it up to the next slot it ends up being really high up, and the harness height is just not enough for me. I lose harness height in my van because of the slope of the seats and boosters are awful in there so I want to harness as long as possible.

Even without the annoying van issues I've always just preferred the frontier. Oh and the cup holders!

Kel

Oh I forgot cup holders...he keeps hot wheels in them, lol. He's always had seats with cup holder. MR pria...

Also, I just remembered my seats are benches with no head rest. The benches are tall though. So may be the FR 90 or 85 might be best.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC