Graco Click Connect 30 vs 35

mom of six

I know Graco has just introduced its new CLICK CONNECT line. I was aware of the CC40 and the CC35 but as I was researching a travel system for my friend I discovered a Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30.:scratcheshead:

First, how many variations of a theme do you need?:confused:

But my actual question...Are the shells of the CC30 and CC35 basically the same like they were for the SafeSeat, SR32, SR35?

ADS

nannykates

The shells looked the same to me when I saw it. The united states of snugride are a bit out of control....I'm pretty sure there are currently 8 versions out there!

mom of six

Wonder what makes the models have different weight limits. Seems like it would be a misuse inducing thing. So far it appears that the CC30 only comes with travel systems.

WAY TOO CONFUSING!!!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I honestly just noticed the thirty on the least expensive travel system we sell, but I didn't bother putting it side by side with the 35 to see differences (they fit on the same base, at least). Yeah, I just don't get it, they really need to just streamline everything (right now we have 4 different base choices at BRU, guess what our number one returned items are? Shoes, Gates, and Graco Bases. I see them coming back in the door and make way too many boomerang jokes ;))

zactayaus

From what I could see the CC30 was the same as the SR30 only the harness comes already on the bottom slot and there is no plastic bar on the back of the seat to route the harness under which is great because I'd say 9 out 10 times when parents move the harness up or down on the SR30 they forget to go under the bar.:(

ETA: Ok maybe it was the "Classic Connect" that was basically the SR30 instead of the "Click Connect"? I'm so confused!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yes, you must be sure not to confuse the Classic Connect 30 with the Click Connect 30. :banginghead: (<that's me banging my head at Graco for being confusing, not for you at being confused, I just wanted to edit to say that).

zactayaus

Yes, you must be sure not to confuse the Classic Connect 30 with the Click Connect 30. :banginghead: (<that's me banging my head at Graco for being confusing, not for you at being confused, I just wanted to edit to say that).

lol, I figured that.

So what is the difference between the Classic Connect and the Click Connect?

katymyers

Ok, so Classic connect 30 is the SR22 with 2 harness slots and Click Connect 30 is the SR30 with 4 harness slots?

No, all the original Snugride seats (22, 30, & 35) are now just renamed classic connect. The new seats, which come in 30,35, & 40 lbs models have a redesigned attachment mechanism that's more like the one on Chiccos and is completely different from their previous seats and won't even connect to the old Graco strollers. So now people have to not only watch what base they are buying they have to make sure they are getting a Classic Connect stroller for their classic connect car seat and a click connect stroller for their click connect car seat because neither is compatible with the other.

nannykates

Nope a classic connect 30 is a sr30. A click connect 30 is its own different animal. Classic connect is added to all the traditional snugrides (ie. Sr22, sr30, sr32, sr35).
Its the most infuriating thing ever...especially when you consider its the same brand that brough us the size4me/mysize/headwise...

Oops cross posted

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I've found the classic connects click into the graco click connect strollers, the red hook goes on the trays. But...there's no little elastic or plastic doohickeys on the strollers to hold the foot end down like on the classic connect strollers. Some parents don't care (it's pretty down deep in the seat), and most people don't use the extra doohickeys anyway, but some do care. And I wish the other brands would get on it making Click Connect bars for their strollers, but so far I haven't seen any (For Bob, baby jogger, etc).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC