First FF/Booster ride (Both at one time) PICS!

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I decided to try DS out in DD's Monterey yesterday when we were going to the grocery store (about 0.5 miles from our house, 20mph street). His regular ride is an RXT, and he has around 2inches of torso growth before he outgrows it RF (just BARELY even with the 2nd from top strap).

I'm not planning on actually booster training for another year-ish, and he needed CONSTANT reminders to stay still in and position (he did really well, but fidgeted with the seatbelt across his chest, as it's a new feeling for him). I measured before getting in the car, and he's 38 inches and 34.5 lbs (pretty much right at the minimum for the Monterey - when I actually booster-train, it'll be in a Vivo).

Due to the angle of the pics I was taking (instead of from the front like I normally would if I wasn't in a rush), it looks like the headwings are higher than they really are - they're pretty much even with his jaw/chin. Set at the lowest position. On that note, I know there are a TON of issues with the belt guide, and the belt slides freely when it's set for DD (on the 3rd or 4th click up, I can't remember), but set all the way down it DOES get stuck - I played with the seat itself to remedy, but I wouldn't use it for DS unless he has a major torso growth (and is like DD's size now). So FYI about the lower positions, they CAN (and do) affect the shoulder belt movement.

ADS

Athena

2inches of torso growth before he outgrows it RF (just BARELY even with the 2nd from top strap).

You know it's head height, not torso height that determines when I seat is outgrown RFing, right? You probably do, but just in case ... he's a cutie, but so little.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Athena said:
You know it's head height, not torso height that determines when I seat is outgrown RFing, right? You probably do, but just in case ... he's a cutie, but so little.

No, yeah, he's got at LEAST 2" before he hits the 1.5" from the shell 'mark'. He'll make at least another year or so RF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC