Britax "adult" seats

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Bwahahahaha, she thinks the same way I do about Graco.

I'd love to have one of those Britaxes, though :thumbsup:

HaileysMommy

How is that seat on the market in the US when that happens to a child in it? Does the US not do roll over testing even just for the heck of it?

Mysweethoneybee

I saw the name of this threat and didn't know if I should get excited that I could get a carseat too. We use an old Regent as a video game chair. I would love to have a slightly bigger one to ride around in.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
ACK. Did you see that blanket thing she's so enamored of in the car seat? Further down the page? Not to hijack or anything, but I sure hope THAT product doesn't show up in N. America.

I'm not much of an expert on European seats, but I'm pretty sure the straps still have to be on the shoulders, not down over the child's arms.

mg_8077.jpg

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I'm actually relatively liberal on the "aftermarket product" bandwagon but I'm scratching my head at a product being promoted by a safety advocate when the marketing picture clearly shows the straps are forced off the baby's shoulders entirely.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Also, is that a TB? Why's she dumping on it?

The Turbo is a knockoff of the old Britax Starriser comfy, the primitive first generation of boosters that merely position belts correctly, without adding any extra side impact head protection. It's been reamed by various EU testing agencies (along the lines of consumer reports), for years now, because it's so un-substantial. I gather that everything in Europe is a lot more beefy, like the Cybex and Kiddy, and this is the one US import that keeps on being sold. I'm not sure they have the Big Kid or Pronto or whatever other cheapo seats we have here, so it probably makes the Turbo look even worse (it routinely hits the bottom of the oeamtc list...google that, it's kind of interesting).

mommyfrog

The first booster looks like a regular Turbo you can buy here to me. They don't have much in the way of side impact protection. The second Graco booster pictured looks like the one with Safety Surround, which seems to have a lot more side impact protection. I think I agree with her on that point. The blanket with handles in the car seat.....horrible idea.:eek:

lmiranda8681

That's a scary crash test video! I would love to see one like that between a hbb and 5 point. I know everyone says nothing says a 5 point is safer and I have since switched my 5 and 7 year olds to a hbb, but I wonder what the difference in a roll over would be between the 2..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC