Foonf Questions

DMS721

I'm contemplating getting a Foonf for my DS2.

Has anyone tried installing it in a captains chair of a Dodge Caravan (mine is a 2011). How difficult would it be to get a small toddler into it RF?

Also will he have more legroom in the Foonf than his Britax Advocate? I know it doesn't matter how scrunched his legs are, but he has some sensory issues, so for him it does matter. He currently spends most of his car ride screaming, so I'm hoping that if he sits higher up and can see outside the window and his legs aren't so scrunched it may cut down on the screaming.

I don't know how long we will keep him rear facing (my goal is 3) so I want a seat that is safe forward facing as well.

Thanks!

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I haven't tried it in that van, but have installed in about 25 different vehicles. I don't see any reason why it would not work. It also will give more left room than the Advocate. Can you post pics of your install now?

Phineasmama

I have a 2010 Grand Caravan. As for the install, you shouldn't have any problems. It does sit up VERY high so the child can see out the windows. As for lifting your kid up into the seat all the time...you are the only one who can say if you can deal with that on a regular basis ;)

DMS721

I haven't tried it in that van, but have installed in about 25 different vehicles. I don't see any reason why it would not work. It also will give more left room than the Advocate. Can you post pics of your install now?

How do I post pictures on here? My son is quite short, 30 inches at 22 months (not even on the growth charts), so I was hoping a higher up seat would help him see better. I know size wise he can easily fit in the Advocate for quite some time still, but he just doesn't seem to like it.

The Nextfit is another one I am considering, but the Foonf seemed to have more safety features.

DMS721

I have a 2010 Grand Caravan. As for the install, you shouldn't have any problems. It does sit up VERY high so the child can see out the windows. As for lifting your kid up into the seat all the time...you are the only one who can say if you can deal with that on a regular basis ;)

Thanks! He just hit 20 pounds, so he is still a lightweight :). Do you find that it blocks your view at all??

Phineasmama

Thanks! He just hit 20 pounds, so he is still a lightweight :). Do you find that it blocks your view at all??

Yes, I'm about 5'7" and if it's installed in the passenger captains chair it does block my view a bit...it's not HORRIBLE just mildly inconvenient. I don't have much of an issue with it behind the driver's seat though. I usually have one of my captains chairs stowed so I can climb in and help all the kids buckle up.

DMS721

Does BuyBuy Baby let you try seat in your car? I guess I would need to see just how much it blocks my view. For now, he would have to be in the passenger side captains chair.

Also is it fairly easy to use once it is installed? 99% of the time I would be the one buckling him in, but on the rare times my DH or my mom had to strap him in, could they do it? They would not have to uninstall or reinstall it, just strap him into the seat.

Last edited:

creideamh

BBB does let you try seats out in your car. I agree you'd need to test it- I know I couldn't use it RF on the passenger side in my car.

The harness is buttery smooth and has the premium buckles. Super easy peasy :)

kaharris83

How do I post pictures on here? My son is quite short, 30 inches at 22 months (not even on the growth charts), so I was hoping a higher up seat would help him see better. I know size wise he can easily fit in the Advocate for quite some time still, but he just doesn't seem to like it.

The Nextfit is another one I am considering, but the Foonf seemed to have more safety features.

I would look at the NextFit too. We love ours. My Foonf arrives tomorrow and I'm interested to see how the legroom compares between the two.

DMS721

I would look at the NextFit too. We love ours. My Foonf arrives tomorrow and I'm interested to see how the legroom compares between the two.

Does the Nextfit sit up any higher than the Advocate?

My DH thinks I'm crazy to replace his Advocate, but he isn't the one that has to deal with his screaming! lol

kaharris83

Does the Nextfit sit up any higher than the Advocate?

My DH thinks I'm crazy to replace his Advocate, but he isn't the one that has to deal with his screaming! lol

The NextFit sits lower than the Foonf I think. I haven't installed the Foonf yet but I plan to take pictures of it side by side with the NextFit if I can.

DMS721

The NextFit sits lower than the Foonf I think. I haven't installed the Foonf yet but I plan to take pictures of it side by side with the NextFit if I can.

That would be great! We tried the Nextfit at Target today and my DS had a meltdown over the shoulder pads. He has some sensory issues, and they must have bothered him. As a result I will most likely cross that one off the list. It sure looked comfy though!!

kaharris83

That would be great! We tried the Nextfit at Target today and my DS had a meltdown over the shoulder pads. He has some sensory issues, and they must have bothered him. As a result I will most likely cross that one off the list. It sure looked comfy though!!

They do soften up over time, but yeah if he isn't used to harness pads and then gets put in a seat where they are required I can understand being uncomfortable.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC