Vent My fr90 isnt working out :(

lovemybabies924

The headrest won't adjust when installed, its funky when not installed and just doesn't make sense, the click tight hurts my hand to open, it's going back

ADS

JCsMomma

I returned my Pinnacle. Up until now I thought I was the only one who wasn't happy with it... There were things I liked but too many little dislikes to keep it.

Phineasmama

What is it about the head rest? I haven't had any trouble adjusting it while installed, unless the kid is sitting in it at the time. If it's installed but empty it hasn't been a problem.

lovemybabies924

What is it about the head rest? I haven't had any trouble adjusting it while installed, unless the kid is sitting in it at the time. If it's installed but empty it hasn't been a problem.

Mine would only adjust to about 17" and no higher, the adjuster would get stuck in so I could just pull the straps and it would go to the bottom slot, if installed it wouldn't move at all and nothing was caught in the straps. I'm gonna wit and see if they fix the problems and see if we even need a ff only seat.

Phineasmama

Oh that's weird, something is wrong with that seat then! I haven't had a problem with the adjuster staying on the slot I put it on. Or sliding down or anything like that.

Athena

Mine would only adjust to about 17" and no higher, the adjuster would get stuck in so I could just pull the straps and it would go to the bottom slot, if installed it wouldn't move at all and nothing was caught in the straps. I'm gonna wit and see if they fix the problems and see if we even need a ff only seat.

That's scary! Did you report the defect to the store or Britax? Because, yes, that is a defective seat and I'd want to make sure it does not get resold to someone who wouldn't know better. Please follow up on this and let them know, if you haven't already. Thank you!

AK Dad

Yeah, I've got to grudgingly agree. The honeymoon is definitely over for me. I love the ClickTight system - it's absolutely revolutionary and I imagine we're going to see it or things like it eventually put the final nail in LATCH's coffin.
On the other hand, the cheapness of the headrest adjuster, and the fact that they didn't do anything to protect it from getting pushed into the seat cushion (which is why I think it won't adjust when installed) is a pretty major flaw.
Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I absolutely can't stand how hard the harness adjuster is to tighten! Makes a RFing Radian feel like a breeze in comparison if you ask me! I had the seat out yesterday and looked closely at the top portion where the straps make the 90 degree turn over the adjuster mechanism, and it's got all sorts of hard edges, and the straps don't even lay properly in the guides.
It's really a shame, because the smoothness of the adjuster on the FR85 is outstanding - not sure how they could regress so much on that front.
Word to the wise - snatch up those FR85's on closeout ... I may actually do the same and send this thing back to Amazon ... :(

NannyMom

I will be keeping my seat. But I really don't like the height adjuster or harness tightening. I had to remove my van's headrest. The headrest pushed the FR90's headrest forward ever so slightly, making it about impossible to adjust height.

tracee877

Do you mean the size or ... ?

Not the size but just that the harness slots need to be closer to where the wings start and that it adjusts so high that it will likely hit the ceiling when fully adjusted. I also didn't care for the buried adjuster. My main reason for returning though was that I could not justify $280 for a seat that I will likely only use for less than 2 years. My DS should be in a booster full time by age 6 and I only use dedicated boosters. These are just my preferences.

zactayaus

Hmm, I've been wavering back and forth on getting this seat. From the pics I've seen I don't like how high the headrest is in regards to where the child's head is when the straps are at the correct position. It really irks me.:eek:

ETA: I will however probably be ordering the 90's crotch pad for our FR85's as they have crash tested them with the 85's and you can now purchase them for the 85's. I'm so tired of digging the crotch buckle out from under ds.

Athena

You all are really trying to talk me out of it. :D Seriously, I am disappointed about some things, but there is at least one mentioned here I was not aware of. :(

mommytosavy

After reading about the problems people are having now I am not sure that I want to order one. UGH...I am looking at getting a new seat for my DD and now I have no clue which one to get. :(

mommydev

I think this thread has convinced me to send mine back after it arrives tomorrow. I got caught up in new seat and sale excitement! DS probably only has a few months before I'm willing to let him be boostered full time and it'll be at least a year before I turn DD. I don't need to spend the $$ for it to sit unused in between!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
ETA: I will however probably be ordering the 90's crotch pad for our FR85's as they have crash tested them with the 85's and you can now purchase them for the 85's. I'm so tired of digging the crotch buckle out from under ds.

Ooooh. Good to know! Looks like it's available for ALL Britax harnessed seats!

I think I'll be buying at least one, eventually. :D

Found the link on Amazon: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Britax-EZ-Buckle-Belly-Pad-Accessory/dp/B00CU82PKS/"]Amazon.com: Britax EZ-Buckle Belly Pad Accessory: Baby[/ame]

NVMBR02

I have a Frontier 90. My harness adjuster is smooth and easy to adjust and I don't have any problems with the headrest. It is super easy to install.

BUT the click tight is hit or miss for me. About 70% of the time it works great. Other times I can't get it open, only one side pushes in. I have tried unbuckling the seatbelt but that doesn't help. I was hopeful Dh would like it since he liked the Frontier85 but hated installing it but he got really frustrated with the click tight the first time he tried it and hasn't touched it since.

I do like the belly pad, but DD still managed to sit on it the couple of times she used it and so did my neighbor's dd. I think it is from the way they climb in the seat but I am not sure. Both kids were able to pull it out from underneath them themselves though.

Phineasmama

The harness height in relation to head rest height is kind of annoying, but I'll live with it. Overall I still love the seat. Love the click tight, no issues with the harness adjuster or anything like that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC