I need help for a friend - I can't answer her questions! Techs?

VLsMom

I got this message from a friend and I'm hoping you can all give some input:

"I know some of you moms have the Radian carseats. Can you tell me what the height limits are on the 65 and 80? I thought I read someone saying that the 80 now goes to a higher height limit?

Here is my problem: I have a toyota mini van (I do love it) BUT with the recall on the Britax regent I can no longer have this on the bench in the far back. I can't put Tyler in the far back because of his medical issues. I have an 8yr old dd who gets car sick and I can't put her back there either. I also have a 9yr old who is still in a booster. So my PLAN is to place Kiley (8yr old) in the regent in the captin chair and Tyler in the other seat (where he is now). Brycen my 6yr old on the bench, BUT He needs a 5pt because he will just unbuckle himself at any time Brycen is in the regent at this point. My 9yr old dd will stay on the bench in the backless booster. So any suggestions? A different seat then the regent or Radian?

Michaela is 9yrs 55lbs and 54ish inches
Kiley is 8yrs 47.5lbs and 48inches
Brycen is 6yrs 42ish lbs and 46ish inches
Tyler is 28months 24.5lbs and 32inches

Thanks for any help!"

ADS

crunchierthanthou

The official height limit on both Radians is 51". They are the same height. They are both outgrown when the tops of the ears are even with the top of the shell or the shoulders are 1" above the top harness slot (18" total).

lynsgirl

I got this message from a friend and I'm hoping you can all give some input:

"I know some of you moms have the Radian carseats. Can you tell me what the height limits are on the 65 and 80? I thought I read someone saying that the 80 now goes to a higher height limit?

Here is my problem: I have a toyota mini van (I do love it) BUT with the recall on the Britax regent I can no longer have this on the bench in the far back. I can't put Tyler in the far back because of his medical issues. I have an 8yr old dd who gets car sick and I can't put her back there either. I also have a 9yr old who is still in a booster. So my PLAN is to place Kiley (8yr old) in the regent in the captin chair and Tyler in the other seat (where he is now). Brycen my 6yr old on the bench, BUT He needs a 5pt because he will just unbuckle himself at any time Brycen is in the regent at this point. My 9yr old dd will stay on the bench in the backless booster. So any suggestions? A different seat then the regent or Radian?

Michaela is 9yrs 55lbs and 54ish inches
Kiley is 8yrs 47.5lbs and 48inches
Brycen is 6yrs 42ish lbs and 46ish inches
Tyler is 28months 24.5lbs and 32inches

Thanks for any help!"

What about first trying the Regent in the third row, passenger's side? What year is her van? I have an 05 Sienna and I wasn't able to get a decent install on the driver's side, third row, when I tried, but I've been thinking of trying it again, now that's it not melting-level temps outside. I have a few things I could try. The other thing is that I'm hearing that Sarah Tilton of Britax is saying that if you absolutely can't get an acceptable install with the recline bar, that you can install without it. I haven't done that yet (changed my install), but I'm going to ask a few very reputable, knowledgeable and connected sources :D if this is really the case. I'll try to remember to try a few things today w/the Regent.

Besides the Regent or Radian, what about the Como or Signo? Or the Apex? Another idea is the Safeguard Go, which I would feel comfortable with for a 6 yo in my van.

Another option for the 6yo for the third row is a Recaro Start. It's not a harness, but it tethers and has a lockoff for the belt, which might keep him buckled. As far as the unbuckling problem, is this a discipline issue or a medical/mental health type issue? If it's a discipline issue, I'd definitely try to resolve that sooner rather than later and if it's not, then it's not and he stays harnessed :).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC