I LOVE THIS SEAT!!

ADS

msg221

I agree! Got mine yesterday and it installed like a dream! I most likely will be buying one more that way I will feel much better about having two seats that DH can install with no problem.

sb518

This is going to be so perfect for transferring in and out of different cars for summer trips and things. I am so happy, it came out right in time for us!

msg221

I'm hoping it goes on sale at Diapers.com again for $230.99. It's back up to $247.99 (not a huge increase) but all of them are out of stock now! So glad I got mine when I did!

Kegracin

:yeahthatlove: I love it too. I bought it because my Dad and his wife are watching my 10yr old and 3yr old...I can teach 10yr old and my dads wife how to install it and trust that its done properly I couldn't do that with a Frontier 85....I'm also hoping it likes my 3rd row since (I haven't tried it yet though to find out.)

Mags462

I so wish I could justify it.. I am barely using the Fr 85 now.... :(

Yep.... DH is holding firm on the "no more kids" stance and i have two HWH seats for M that fit him great.... i cannot even come up with a slightly solid reason to buy one but man have i been trying to think of one! :p

2BunniesMommy

I love it too! Only had it since Monday, but no complaints so far. (Well at least now that I know to push on the seat part when opening the ClickTight to uninstall.)

I am so glad they came out with it in time for your summer plans!

sb518

(Well at least now that I know to push on the seat part when opening the ClickTight to uninstall.)
!

I learned that from your thread! Lol.

Also, somebody asked on FB if the install was the same on both 85 and 90 which I would choose. Definitely the 90 handsdown. The front adjust harness height is so much better than the back adjust. I was going to have to uninstall the 85 every time I needed to higher the harness a notch, as only LBP worked in my car and wouldn't allow me to get my hand down the back enough. Also I love the plastic strap in the belly pad on the 90. It keeps the crotch strap bent forward so there is no fishing for it under my daughter when she climbs in the seat, it just automatically falls forward when I get her out.

Also the larger cup holders are cool.

The only thing I don't like about the 90 is that there is a layer of rubber stuff on the arm rests, about1/3 of the armrest and you can get your fingernails between the hard plastic and rubber. I imagine DD pulling it off and picking at it. We will see.

Also the 90 has the easy adjust crotch strap positioner as well. No flipping the seat upside down to remove the crotch strap to get it into another position - which I was having to do with the 85.

sb518

The only thing I don't like about it is the harness release lever. It's so far in there, I feel like I'm giving it an internal exam.

It didn't seem that much further back than my MA70 and RA55. But I have sold the both so cant compare.

msg221

The only thing I don't like about it is the harness release lever. It's so far in there, I feel like I'm giving it an internal exam.

So very true! At least I read about that issue before installing mine so I knew to shove my finger way back!

mommytosavy

Just curious from people who bought the Pinnacle90 or the Fr90 which one you would recommend? I have an only so I don't need to puzzle with other seats. Although I suppose she will be in the car seat for a long while I may have to put other car seats if she has friends over so in that instance it could become a problem. I guess beside needing to fit multiple car seats in what other reasons did you have for buying the FR90 or PN90?

Thanks

Researching car seats really is making me a bit crazy:shrug-shoulders:

sb518

Just curious from people who bought the Pinnacle90 or the Fr90 which one you would recommend? I have an only so I don't need to puzzle with other seats. Although I suppose she will be in the car seat for a long while I may have to put other car seats if she has friends over so in that instance it could become a problem. I guess beside needing to fit multiple car seats in what other reasons did you have for buying the FR90 or PN90?

Thanks

Researching car seats really is making me a bit crazy:shrug-shoulders:

I have an only and got the 90. She is in the center of my car majority of the time so no real need for the extra side protection. I may have considered the pinnacle more if she was going to be on the side seats.

mommytosavy

I have an only and got the 90. She is in the center of my car majority of the time so no real need for the extra side protection. I may have considered the pinnacle more if she was going to be on the side seats.

That makes sense I have DD outboard in a TFP because I was having a heck of a time getting her in and out of the seat. I am short so I would have to crawl in to get her strapped in and unstrapped. I think I am going to have to keep her outboard because I am not going to be able to see out of the window with how high they are.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I got the 90 for my child who will be outboard most of the time, because it has flowers and that was what she demanded in a seat. LOL.

But also because I don't feel the added width is, in my situation (sometimes doing 3 across/having to sit next to her myself) worth the slight added protection. (We have side curtain airbags, too...)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC