Question Good article about booster readiness?

bpirof

Hi everyone! I have a cousin with a 3 1/2 yo who is nevvver properly in her seat, she had an expired forward facing seat at 9 mos... Was in a little fender bender a year later and the fire dept made her ride in their ambulance to the fire dept to give her a new one.... Since then she constantly posts pics of her little girl on fb with straps off her shoulders or arms not even in the straps with the chest clip buckled low on her belly and arms free above it... It's horrifying :-/

Now she wants to put her in a booster and is looking at low back boosters, her lo is quite tiny for 3 and I don't think this is a good idea, does anybody have a good article that I can send her? I'm going to tell her I came across it while searching for new seats for my lo

ADS

katymyers

In most states it isn't even legal to put a child in a booster that young and if she's tiny she probably doesn't even meet the minimum weight requirement for a backless booster, which is 40 lbs. Go to the NHTSA website, they have some great information on picking the correct seat for the age and size of a child. Maybe find a car seat tech in your area before talking to her and when you do offer to go see them with her to have the seat fitted properly. Good luck!

bpirof

That a good idea, one of my sons daycare provider is a tech so i can use her! Thanks :) it kills me to see weekly pics of her not in a seat correctly, she's not the kind of person that will take it well if you call her out on it on fb otherwise I totally would :-/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC