Question Small cooler for baby bottles?

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I've been using an insulated lunchbag to truck BabyC's milk along with us, but I am in the process of massively downsizing and want something smaller. I'm hoping to find something to just hold a single bottle (95% of the time that's all I need,) with some sort of small gel/ice pack to retain temperature. She uses Avent bottles, still the small (4oz) size though I guess she'll move up to the larger size soon.

Anyone have anything that they use and like?

ADS

Carrie_R

Thanks!

I think either of those could work perfectly. Right now we're only doing short outings - generally only a handful of hours. I am just so over wearing the baby, chasing the toddler and pushing the empty SUV- sized stroller simply to carry the diaper bag! Lol! If we take a longer trip I'd probably still take the lunch bag. She's on part bm part formula now, so not as flexible as bm unfortunately.

krasota

I only mentioned breastmilk because I have absolutely no clue on what the handling guidelines are for formula. I EP for DD. I don't really have a need to downsize/declutter the insulated bags because we all have food allergies and are always packing meals/snacks. I have a lot of options. :p

Anyhow, those sandwich wrapits and a soft neoprene bag are my most commonly grabbed items. I can put an ice pack and a couple bottles in the neoprene bag, then put it in the diaper bag or clip it to the outside.

Carrie_R

Ha, I didn't read anything into it aside from the difference in unrefrigerated time. I try to keep her milk refrigerated at all times, but it sure is nice to have the "backup" of 8hrs unrefrigerated if we have a weird situation. I think formula is just an hour.

I hear you on the food allergies. I think I carry more for myself, to go to the kids' house, then I do for all three of us to go on an outing for a couple of hours. Somehow a grownup should not need more stuff for work than a grownup, infant and preschooler need for a day at the zoo. :/

MommyShannon

My hospital formula "gift" bag to sabotage bf, came with a nice little single bottle cooler with a handle that can clip around things. I think its Similac. Maybe you could call and ask for one. Is mom using an Avent pump too? The electric one comes with some narrow bottle coolers she might give you.
ETA: Its enfamil. Mine is smaller but here is a double https://www.enfamil.com/app/iwp/ConsumerRegisterLoadConsentInfo.do

Mine's the Enfachill cooler if you can find one. I really like that I can hook it on anything. I put cool towels in it for the kids with an ice pack. You can see it here http://dazeesdailyfreebies.blogspot.com/2010/08/free-enfamil-hospital-gift.html?m=1

Last edited:

Carrie_R

I'm going for really small - the Enfachill looks great but too big? I don't know what kind of pump mom uses, it's a battery one :p but I've never seen any bottle coolers with it. She takes a lunchbox and ice pack for milk.

This is the bag I am using -

Stuff in it (plus a second small baggie of clothes for BabyC... I hadn't replenished yet from yesterday's blowout :rolleyes:)

Bag with stuff in it, this is the space I'm trying to keep within -

I'm thinking that krasota's is probably going to work the best, since it looks like it would conform to a small space well. I saw these at a gift boutique today - Chill It Bags - and they would be PERFECT... except for the part where they only come in wine and beer sizes! LMAO.

krasota

Oh, insulated bottle holders can be frozen. The vinyl gets a bit stiff, but I store my Medela bottle cooler bags in the freezer with their icy thing. Keeps longer when I have to cart pump + bottles out and about on a long day trip. Smaller sleeves keep cold, too, if you won't be out so long that you must have ice. One Step Ahead has them on sale. I've not looked at stores, but BRU might have them. And I'd check lunch/waterbottle aisles at Target, too, not just baby aisles.

MommyShannon

Hmm, yeah, it might not fit in there but you could just hang it off the strap if you need it really cold. If you won't be gone too long, you could just use an insulated cup then transfer to the bottle.

Cryssy Jane

Subbing to see the suggestions for reference. my dck C is also 1/2 bm 1/2 formula. Trying to think ahead for outings to keep her bm cold.

MommyShannon

Are the bottles always mixed? Can you ask for just formula and just breast milk ones? That way (especially if its powder formula) you can take whichever is easier when going out.

Cryssy Jane

Are the bottles always mixed? Can you ask for just formula and just breast milk ones? That way (especially if its powder formula) you can take whichever is easier when going out.

I don't know about OP but C's mom provides bm in bottles and I mix it with formula at time of service, so I'm looking to keep the bm cold on outings. But over all each bottle is mixed (right now 2oz bm, 2 oz formula).

ETA: we use lifefactory glass bottles ( I have one 4oz but the rest are all 9oz size)

Jessica61624

Carrie_R

I found the Tommy Tippee bags at BRU. They might work, although they only sell them in a two-pack. :/

Sounds like Cryssy's BabyC is like my BabyC, it needs to be mixed. We are in the process of transitioning her onto full formula but right now we're at about 1/3 formula to bm ratio and BabyC is so darned picky (I have never met a baby so particular about her bottle temperature - and I have met a LOT of babies lol) that I need to keep it mixed to slowly wean her.

This one might work, too. I saw some like it at BRU but they were all sold as part of a diaper bag.

Don't understand why it's so hard to find a single-bottle cooler! LOL!

I really reallyreally want to stick to just the bag, not stuff hanging off of it, since I find the more stuff I drag the slower I move. It's definitely ambitious to try to carry so little, but I have a 3yo who... has a mind of his own, and I'm finding that being able to be as agile as possible to stick close to him is really important. We had such a better day on Thurs when I was able to strap on my tiny bag and the baby and I wasn't constantly redirecting to keep him with the stroller! The kid is high energy and I've gotta be able to move quickly. :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC