Time left in infant seat

mburks26

How long do u think we have left onboard 35
here dd2 is 8 months not sure on overall height or weight she was 18lbs and 27 inches at 6 months
I so suck at trying to measure for one inch

yes this is in the front but only to get big sis off the bus which is just down our driveway and into my in laws drive way no roads.

her shoulder is right at the 3rd slot

ADS

mburks26

I assume there's either no airbag in that spot or a keyed air bag shut off switch?

this is just from our drive way to my in laws drive way our house is behind theirs like 1000 ft r there is no roadway travel just driveway to driveway on the same property we do not put kids in front if we leave the drive way

MorgieBear'sMama

I'd say another 8 months at least. My guys fit like that in their kf30's at 8 months. We went to convertibles at 14 months with room left in the buckets.

tiggercat

this is just from our drive way to my in laws drive way our house is behind theirs like 1000 ft r there is no roadway travel just driveway to driveway on the same property we do not put kids in front if we leave the drive way

I am very uncomfortable with the seat in front of an active airbag, even in this situation. There is a reason why they say NEVER. Being on the same property or on a driveway vs a roadway does not make the airbag less deadly.

However, in answer to your question, it looks like there is quite a bit of growth room in that seat.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I am in 110% with TiggerCat. All it takes is a freak accident (random person pulling into the drive at too high a speed, animal darting in front of the car) and you have an airbag deploying into the back of your sweet babyDD.

She's got a while in the seat. Few months, at least. But please please move her to the rear - EVERY trip.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Personally, I wouldn't put a rf seat in front of an airbag even while parked. The odds of something happening are low, but the consequences are so high, it wouldn't be worth it to me. I'd sooner set the child on the back seat with no restraint at all going down the driveway.

But it does look like there's quite a bit of growing room. I would suggest finding a book or other rectangular object that is one inch thick. Place it on the child's head at a right angle to the car seat's shell. That will help you visualize the growing room better.

Stelvis

As someone who had front airbags detonate after coasting into a parking lot barrier a distance of 18" at approx. 1 mph, I would also agree that you should never, ever, ever put the seat there.

Squeaky McMurdo

My son is 14.5 months old in an Onboard35 and is still on the second fom the top slots with his shoulders being about halfway between. His growth has been more in his arms and legs rather than torso since about 9 months, so your daughter will probably have plenty of time left too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC