Who gets a new seat? 3 across Impala

carrieb126

I currently have 3 across in my 06 Impala. They are Passenger to driver side:
N, 4yo, 39" 33 lbs FF harness in Britax Boulevard, seatbelt install; A 18mo, 31" 24 lb RF Chicco Keyfit latch install; E 6yo 45" 44 lb FF Harness Britax Frontier, seatbell install.

Baby A needs a new seat. I plan to continue RF. Should I get a new seat for baby A (maybe a radian? I hear they are trim) and keep the others in their current seats? If so, what do you think would fit just trading out the keyfit for a new seat?

Should I get a new seat for E 6yo and put in a in a booster/no harness, move N 4yo to the frontier, and A 18mo to boulevard?

I don't keep up with car seats at all, so I have no idea what's really out there.

ADS

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I would hand down the BV. And get either 3y or 6y a new seat. Is 6y ready for a booster? The impala is nice for 3 across. Boosters are not that much of a pain in there. How old is the BV?

carrieb126

Sorry for the too long reply.
The BV was bought in fall 2008, so I guess it expires in about a year and a half. The frontier was bought in 2009, and so is good thru 2018 (at least as a booster)

If I put the 1 yo in the BV, she'll be turn 3 right around when it expires. I could then get her another harness to booster seat.

I really like my britax seats - I'm wondering if a britax parkway would be a good option for us for the 6yo. I want to pick out a few seat options and then go try them out at BRU.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
frontier is good in any mode for 9y, so I would keep handing it down. In 2018 the 1.5y will be 6.5y. (if I did the math right).

The would try the parkway, monterey (if you have moveable head support), probooster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC