The Pinnacle is Going Back

JCsMomma

The Pinnacle has arrived! And it is going back tomorrow :(. I really wanted to love it, and a few things I do. The install is so insanely easy. Like anyone could get a solid install with this thing. It really lives up to the hype in that regard. I do like the crotch buckle & pad. On our FR85 the pad never stays on and I hate digging for the buckle. Big improvement there. The pattern (Broadway) is so pretty in person and while the material isn't super soft - it definitely seems durable - it does seem comfortable. My DD1 said it was comfy to sit in, but that she likes her ProSport better.

But there are too many things I don't like and that i think would start to really bug me with daily use. The harness itself is so stiff and uncomfortable feeling! I don't like the material at all. The harness pads (didn't bother to look if they are mandatory - we live in a warm climate and wear lots of tanks, etc. so we need pads) are stiff and bulky and ugly too. I definitely thought the head restraint could be easier to raise, although that might get easier with time. As is I wouldn't want to adjust it regularly. The harness adjuster itself isn't bad but not nearly as smooth as the ProSport.

My DD2 may need the capacity from this seat when she's older, but my DD1 is pretty average sized and will get to booster age with room to spare in the ProSport. There are too many little things that I don't like to justify keeping the seat, especially since she prefers the PS and I have no trouble installing that or the 85. I was disappointed and returned the first generation Frontier as well, but was really happy with the 85. Maybe take 2 of the Pinnacle will be a winner for us...

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC