Pinnacle 90 Broadway pictures (added pics installed - thoughts on fit?)

eas423

My Pinnacle arrived today! :)

IMG_2934.jpg

IMG_2938.jpg

IMG_2939.jpg

IMG_2941.jpg
ea9ba28d-e734-44e3-ad9e-a27930e58630.jpg

DD will turn 3 next month, is 29 lbs and 35.5 inches tall. I think I raised the back two clicks and the seat is in recline mode in the bottom two pictures.

Older DD is turning 6 in a week, is 46 lbs, and I think 48 inches tall.
---

Here's some pictures of it installed... thoughts and opinions of fit on DD? I know I need to adjust the buckle, there's a huge gap between it and her right now!

IMG_2951.jpg

IMG_2955.jpg

IMG_2956.jpg

IMG_2958.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

eas423

Re: Pinnacle 90 Broadway pictures

I don't know how best to describe the fabric, it's not like the plush mariposa and coo moo original marathon covers (what she's currently riding in). And it's not quite like the light pink FR85 that my older DD rides in. The black has ribbing and feels sturdy and durable but soft. The flower part is almost a silky feel?

Athena

Your DD's color coordinated to it! Such a cutie!!!

Thank you for posting this!!! I want!!! :D

eas423

And I totally agree with whoever said that adjuster button is WAY back in the seat!! I can barely reach it to adjust the belt but I hope it'll just be something I get used to.

The wings are huge and I hate that they will probably block her eye line to her sister, but again, something I hope we'll get used to. I want to get it installed temporarily to see it in use (we'll probably keep her RFing until the Marathon expires in a couple months).

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Beeeeeautifulllll :)

Hey, is that my car? 2003/4 Ody in Havasu Blue Metallic/Fern leather interior? I even have a Pink FR (80, though) :D

Brianna

I think the headrest could probably go down a click, I think their head is supposed to be more centered in the headrest.

It looks off, but I think it's right. If you look at the two seats next to each other you'll see the headwings are shaped differently on the 90, they start higher up. That's the only thing that bothers me about the 90- I wish the headwings were lower.

eas423

It looks off, but I think it's right. If you look at the two seats next to each other you'll see the headwings are shaped differently on the 90, they start higher up. That's the only thing that bothers me about the 90- I wish the headwings were lower.

Honestly, I thought it looked high, too! But here the belt is just right above her shoulders. But no, it doesn't look "right" to me or like the guide in the book.... Should I send this picture to Britax for their input?

Athena

Honestly, I thought it looked high, too! But here the belt is just right above her shoulders. But no, it doesn't look "right" to me or like the guide in the book.... Should I send this picture to Britax for their input?

Yes! Please! I'd like to hear more about why they made the head wings so high above the harness. When I look at your side by side empty seats, it looks like the 90's head wings is way above the harness compared to the 85. I guess that explains why it's so tall, reducing visibility to nearly nothing in some cars at the highest position (based on pics I've seen here on the blog?). I'd like to know more about the reasoning behind this because I think it is super annoying and a big part of why I'm having a tough time deciding.

eas423

Hmm... anyone have an email address for Britax CS? They only have a phone number listed in the website, which won't do any good if I want them to look at a picture...

Kegracin

Yes! Please! I'd like to hear more about why they made the head wings so high above the harness. When I look at your side by side empty seats, it looks like the 90's head wings is way above the harness compared to the 85. I guess that explains why it's so tall, reducing visibility to nearly nothing in some cars at the highest position (based on pics I've seen here on the blog?). I'd like to know more about the reasoning behind this because I think it is super annoying and a big part of why I'm having a tough time deciding.

I don't like it either but I wonder if there is some engineering reason behind it.

DD doesn't seam to care she hasn't slept in the seat yet but so far she's in love with her seat.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I don't like it either but I wonder if there is some engineering reason behind it.

I'm going to assume yes. Crash forces are just way more extreme than we can grasp, even rebound, so when your body is flying backwards after the crash, you are putting tons of force on that stretchy harness and your body is going up. Same with side impacts, the body rotating toward the point of impact will pivot and having the wings higher probably contains things better. Having what looks like perfectly centered heads in headwings might look good to our untrained eyes, but I suspect Britax has enough engineers watching enough crash tests to know how that dummy's head reacts in various crashes.

mommytosavy

I really love the seat but wowsa the headwings are huge, I think now am leaning toward the frontier 90. Why can't I just make a decision and stick with it!! :rolleyes:

Athena

Hmm... anyone have an email address for Britax CS?

US-customerservice@britax.com

and your body is going up.

Looking at my DD in her 85, I was wondering how much they move up because, even though I don't like the reduced visibility of bigger wings, I was suddenly noticing that there isn't a ton of room above her in the 85. Of course, they looked fine until I saw the 90, so maybe that's what Britax is hoping for.

I agree that Britax has probably studied their test and know where extra protection is needed.

I hope so! I just wish I knew more about their testing and engineering decisions. I hope it's not just about marketing and that the decisions are made for engineering with marketeers being expected to market what they've determined is safest, as least for the structure. I understand marketing might play a bigger role in things like fabric choices, but it shouldn't play a role in safety. :soapbox: Okay, I'm done. :eek:

eas423

Here's the response from Britax about the headings placement:

Thank you for your email. I was not able to view the picture in the link but if you adjust the harnesses above the child’s shoulders you don’t want the straps to be any higher than 1 inch. When that adjustment is done the head rest is usually from the child’s ears and up.

If you have any other questions let us know.

Athena

This makes sense, given the harness heights are in increments of one inch, but it shows we are expected to take that instruction to choose the closest position very seriously. The thing is, these things aren't that exact and kids relax and shift during the ride. Given the lack of precision, I prefer to not wait until the last second to move up. I'd really like to know the background, reasoning, data, and engineering behind this, especially given it is so different from the instructions for the 85.

Ears up sounds like they are supposed to sit higher.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC