Amazon Return Policy?

EmilyAnn86

In late Feb I ordered a Britax Frontier SICT from Amazon for my oldest son. It got to my house on Feb 21st. I kept asking my husband to install it, but it was his busiest time at work he never had time to. He finally tried to install it this weekend (May 11.) I am fairly certain that seat is NOT compatible with my van. We have spent hours fighting with that seat and trying it in different places and we cannot get a good install. Is there any way I can return this to Amazon and not have to pay return shipping?

ADS

nannykates

Which van do you have and we can see if we can talk you through the install, or find you a tech to help? I'm sorry I don't know what the amazon return policy is but I'm sure someone will chime in.

kaharris83

If you go to your Amazon account and look at your orders there will be a button to return or replace the order. If you go through that process it will tell you if there is a charge and if the item is eligible for return. They say 90 days for baby items sold by Amazon, sometimes items are sold by other companies on Amazon, but they have allowed me to return items after my 90 days was past at no charge.

ebp913

Yea I would try doing their return process. They have really good customer service. I ordered a Radian on 10/9/12 and returned it on 12/21/12 if that helps.

EmilyAnn86

I tried doing the normal return process, but it said since I was returning it for a reason that was not their fault I had to pay return shipping. I saw the note about the 90 day return for baby items on the product page, but I wasn't sure how to do that. It also said it had to be new and unopened. We obviously had to open the box to try it in our van.

Mercuria

They have never cared about the open box thing, AFAIK.

Free returns only apply if the item was fulfilled by Amazon. If you ordered from a third-party seller that doesn't use Amazon fulfillment, then you don't get the free returns. If it was fulfilled by Amazon, try contacting them. They usually have pretty good customer service (to the point of losing money).

JCsMomma

Go into your orders and click on the item. Does it say eligible for Prime/free super saver shipping & free returns? If so, it sounds like you are still within your 90 day return window. The reason you're returning it shouldn't mattermifnyoure covered under the free returns. I'd call them. I just ordered 4 boosters to try in my car and returned 3 with no problem. In fact, they credited me the same day I dropped them off at UPS (which makes me think they don't even inspect returns and would explain some mispackaged/broken/used items from No Better Deal...).

JCsMomma

I don't remember. But when I go to view my past orders it says it was "Sold by: Amazon.com LLC"

What was the date of your order then? If it's past the 90 day window and it was fulfilled by Amazon I'd just call them. That could be why it's not working through the system.

kaharris83

I don't remember. But when I go to view my past orders it says it was "Sold by: Amazon.com LLC"

It's a "baby item" so it would have the free returns when sold and fulfilled by Amazon, which it appears it was. The 90 days is from the date of delivery. As PP said they haven't had an issue with a car seat return that Iopened and didn't fit in my car or a stroller I opened and decided not to keep. I would chat with their CS and I'm sure they will help you.

EmilyAnn86

Thanks! I will call tomorrow. The little one is waking up from his nap and the older 2 are demanding dinner LOL I just couldn't figure it out online b/c it kept telling me that the cost of shipping would be deducted from what they refund me. I might have better luck talking to someone on the phone. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC