Question What booster can have overhang?

vermontmoms

We have an older model Durango 2003 and the 3rd row is very short. I would like to put a booster rider back there sometimes and need a booster lbb and hbb that does not need to be all the way on the seat.

Are there any that allow overhang? If not what is the shortest/least deep booster (leg-wise)? Does the Turbo have to be all the way on the seat?

Thanks!

Attachments

• image-2851076438.jpg
    image-2851076438.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 29
ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
The Turbo does have to be all the way on the seat. Graco allows up to 20% overhang for their harnessed seats, but that doesn't apply to their boosters or the booster modes of their combination seats. I'll search around and see if I can provide you with an official link for that. :)

ETA: Page 25 of the Turbo manual has the no overhang part: http://download.gracobaby.com/ProductInstructionManuals/PD203827A.pdf

Last edited:

vermontmoms

The Turbo does have to be all the way on the seat. Graco allows up to 20% overhang for their harnessed seats, but that doesn't apply to their boosters or the booster modes of their combination seats. I'll search around and see if I can provide you with an official link for that. :)

ETA: Page 25 of the Turbo manual has the no overhang part: http://download.gracobaby.com/ProductInstructionManuals/PD203827A.pdf

Thanks!!!

So let me get this straight... the Nautilus in harness mode can have 20% hang? But when in booster it can't? Where does it specify the diff in manual? Pg 49 of nauti link above says no overhang.

So what other high back boosters can have a 20% overhang? That are relatively short in the leg depth?

Thanks!
Jen

vermontmoms

I'm not sure if any allow overhang, but the Turbo, Parkway, and Recaro Vivo all fit on the small back seat of our truck. The Clek boosters are a little smaller too. I haven't tried our Olli in it though since we don't have headrests.
ETA: you can look at the "External seat depths" here http://www.car-seat.org/announcement.php?f=61

Thanks...most of these have internal seat depth but not external seat depth. Which would make a diff for HBB since it would push seat out a few inches.

Do you know any hbb booster that allows 20% overhang?

MommyShannon

I don't know of any, but I haven't really looked. Graco has approved overhang in harness mode only via email and phone calls. it might be in the newer manuals too. How deep is the seat there? Have you tried the turbo?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC