rearfacing brochure

lpperry

Does anyone have any good brochures on extended rearfacing? I like to give them out to my daycare families and other people who are interested.

I like this one, but it is from a few years ago. It is a little outdated with the weights and says 35 rearfacing limit is the highest.

I like this one a lot too: http://www.carseatsite.com/RF_Handout2.pdf

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
We give out this one which stresses RF to 2 (or as long as possible) at SBS events: http://carseat.org/Resources/633.pdf

It's a little out of date now I note- it says rear-facing only buckets to 22-35 lbs (there is now one to 40) and rear-facing convertibles to 35-45 lbs. (there is now one to 50.)

tjham

If you have one that is otherwise good, I would just cross out the old weight and write in the new. Maybe date your change?

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
If the populous of CSO wants to generate content for a rear facing brochure I'm happy to design it up.

Keeyamah

If the populous of CSO wants to generate content for a rear facing brochure I'm happy to design it up.

An idea I kinda have kicked around is pictures of kids in some of what we consider the most uncomfortable sleeping and playing positions with something like " they sleep like this:" and play like this:" and you think this (insert picture of happy rear facing big/older toddler) is uncomfortable? But I can also see that backfiring now that I really think about it.....

katymyers

An idea I kinda have kicked around is pictures of kids in some of what we consider the most uncomfortable sleeping and playing positions with something like " they sleep like this:" and play like this:" and you think this (insert picture of happy rear facing big/older toddler) is uncomfortable? But I can also see that backfiring now that I really think about it.....

Maybe pictures of older kids with their legs propped up on seats or dangling over the sides of their car seats smiling or even sleeping looking all comfy.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Does anyone have any good brochures on extended rearfacing? I like to give them out to my daycare families and other people who are interested.

I like this one, but it is from a few years ago. It is a little outdated with the weights and says 35 rearfacing limit is the highest.

I like this one a lot too: http://www.carseatsite.com/RF_Handout2.pdf

OMG! Thanks for pointing that one out! I didn't even know it was there :eek:. It's obviously been there a while--back from when I was moderator of the BC board.

StillThankful

OMG! Thanks for pointing that one out! I didn't even know it was there :eek:. It's obviously been there a while--back from when I was moderator of the BC board.

I really like the pictures of the cervical vertebrae! I'm a visual person and I'm sure others are as well. This is a great brochure. Hoping it's updated soon. I just sold a car seat on CL and wish I would have given this to the mama.
Update: I just emailed it to her with the weight limit updates. Thanks!

nannykates

I love the idea of a new brochure. Is anyone interested? Should we start brainstorming in another thread?

I also love this idea. I think we should have all those brochures like emma pilsberry on glee ;)!

Eta-realized the rest of my post was innappropriate for this board.

essnce629

I would love to have an updated brochure as well that I can leave on car windows that have ff'ing infant seats, etc.

The ones I have are outdated as well (says to rf to 1 only).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC