Who writes this stuff? RE: Dorel/Cosco FAQ's

CandCfam

I was looking at the Daisy print Scenera and clicked on the 'FAQ's for this product' and this is one of the questions and answers listed under the CONVERTIBLE Scenera product info:

Q. When should my child be moved to a booster seat?

A. If you child is between 30 and 40 pounds and his shoulders are above the upper slots, you should remove the harness and use the seat as a belt-positioning booster. If your child is over 40 pounds, you must remove the harness and use the seat as a belt-positioning booster regardless of the child’s height.

Hmmm... REALLY. So, since WHEN is the Scenera a combo seat:rolleyes:? :mad:

It really is no wonder there is so many misuse issues.
They really need to fix that FAQ to indicate that it is ONLY for CSRs that convert to boosters, not for convertibles.

link to the Daisy info page

ADS

Connor's Mom

If you look, that is the FAQ for ALL of the convertible seats, not just the Scenara. The AO becomes a BPB after 30 pounds if you are dumb enough to use it that way at that time. They do that so that they do not have to write a different FAQ for every seat. Britax does the same they just don't put a link to the FAQ right under the seat and they do not have any convertibles that become a BPB. I agree that it is misleading, but not incorrect. This is why it is so important to read the manual of your specific seat.

CandCfam

If you look, that is the FAQ for ALL of the convertible seats, not just the Scenara. The AO becomes a BPB after 30 pounds if you are dumb enough to use it that way at that time. They do that so that they do not have to write a different FAQ for every seat. Britax does the same they just don't put a link to the FAQ right under the seat and they do not have any convertibles that become a BPB. I agree that it is misleading, but not incorrect. This is why it is so important to read the manual of your specific seat.

But it does not specify that on the product page. It says "view FAQs for this product." bolding mine
Obviously, we should read the manual for a specific seat, but this is the FAQ that Dorel has made available, and is linked to under the Scenera's information. If someone, say, doesn't have their manual, and they aren't keen on searching for the specifics, they may go to this page and find that information and follow the recommendations.
It's more than misleading, IMO.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
STILL!?!?!?!?! Jeez...couldn't they save ink and money (and bandwidth?) and make more profit if they'd take that improper wording out? It's said that for *eons*...one day someone's going to sue them for it, I hope before a kid gets hurt... :(

beebear23

Senior Community Member
I didn't think the manuals were much better. I seem to remember reading a Touriva manual that said the exact same thing. They just arent very bright over there at Dorel.. Either that, or just extremely lazy....

Mama!

Yep. I dont know how many families dont even bother buying one of those "expensive " convertible seats when you can just use a bucket til they turn 12 mos and then turn 'em around :cool:
:rolleyes:

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Yep. I dont know how many families dont even bother buying one of those "expensive " convertible seats when you can just use a bucket til they turn 12 mos and then turn 'em around :cool:
:rolleyes:

Or if they are over 30# when they turn 1, they can just ride in a booster according this quote from the FAQ's

"What age does my child need to be in order to use a booster seat?
The booster seats are designed for older children that can sit comfortably unassisted in the seat and when the seat is not too snug for the child. It is recommended that the booster seat be used for a toddler and not for an infant."

Umm, my children could sit comfortably unassisted by 6 months. And you could bet, by golly, the seat wouldn't have been too snug either. AND as soon as they start walking they are considered toddlers right? Just think, with all that money I wasted on car seats with actual harnesses, I could have bought these guys a STINKIN CLUE.

Kimberly

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC