How to bring up Car Seat Safety?

1mommy

So I really want to discuss car seat safety with my sister after learning so much on these boards, but I don't know how to bring it up. She posted a picture on facebook the other day and from the angle it looked like my 2.5 year old niece is about to outgrow her car seat by height (could just be the photo) and I want to talk to her about car seat safety but don't know how to bring it up.

How do you start a conversation without sounding like a weirdo/busybody? I'm not a car seat tech so I feel as if I'm not really qualified to tell her what to do...

Thanks

ADS

katymyers

I don't think mentioning that your niece is about to outgrow her seat would make you a busy body. I would just say something like "wow, blank is getting so big now! She has just about outgrown her car seat! Isn't it crazy how fast kiddos grow? If you want we can go to the store together and look at a new seat for her" or if you don't live close maybe offer to send her some recommendations in an email. Make it more about being excited to see the kids growing up and progressing to the next thing whether that's a convertible or a combination or even a booster. You could even mention having a tech help her with the installation and help her find one close to her.

nannykates

I often finds it helps to be "hey I read in an article....because I'm a dork" "there are sooo many rules on carseats we have to help eachother out to keep our little ones safe"
When I get push back I also state that the maunfacturer only promises it works like this. I want your baby protected by as many promises as possible. I've found the promises phrasing to work quite well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC