Harmony V6 vs Harmony Cruz (carpooler)

mom of six

Like many I am on the quest to find a booster for a three across. My three across is in the 3rd row of a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan. I will need to have a Radian FF in the middle so access to the seat belt is a big deal. We have a Harmony Cruz (aka Carpooler in the Amazon world) and its larger belt path opening made it possible for my then 8 year old to buckle next to a RF Radian so I thought I would try what I believed was the highback version of the Cruz.

In fact they are different.:(

The belt path opening of the V6 is smaller than the Cruz. That was the feature that I thought was going to make this seat work for us, but it is too small.
Harmony+v6+001.JPG

Otherwise, they are very similar. Their width is the same.
Harmony+v6+004.JPG

The V6 has slightly more room at the knee area.
Harmony+v6+003.JPG

Over all, I like the V6. It is a good seat for a chunkier or older child. But it is not going to work for us. I didn't even try it in the desired position because I knew it would be impossible to buckle next to a Radian.

ADS

mom of six

Broken record here but...harmony folding travel booster?? Any chance that works...worth a shot?

I was just looking at it on line and I am wondering too. I got a sweet deal on a Probooster on NBD so I was going to try that first. May be wishful thinking.

nannykates

I have had good luck with it buckleing next to other seats (though I just play). The fact that the arm rests are so high and there isn't plastic exposed makes it quite friendly for buckeling. its pretty boxy through the torso so if you can get the max width in it should fit....sorry I'm a bit obsessed with this seat right now. :)

Good luck with the probooster though!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC