bummed about my 3 across

lpperry

I was so proud of myself for getting a three across in the tight backseat of my husband's 2004 Mazda 3. I used to have RF Avenue, RF Radian, Harmony booster. When Oliver switched too forward facing, I was excited that I could switch out the Avenue with the Myride.

FF Radian, RF Myride, Harmony booster looks great doesn't it?

9hm24i.jpg

My husband informed me that the three car rides that he has taken with the two youngest (4 and 2) has been a disaster. Now that they face each other, then can reach each other to torment each other for the entire ride. The forward facer bugs the rearfacer so she starts crying. Then the rearfacer puts her foot in the forward facers face and he cries. They ride like this once a week for a 20 minute ride home from Grandmas.

I know I can probably figure out a way to get the booster in the middle or I can turn the forward facer back around. I just am bummed because it probably means losing the Myride and having to use the Avenue again. I like the Avenue as my extra seat for my 4 year old carpooling to school once a week.

ADS

momtoo3

No advice but when ds3 was RF in the middle of ds1 and ds2 FF, I had to tie his shoes together more than a few times to prevent him from kicking the two FFers :eek:. That only worked until he got new shoes that came off too easy but at that point he was 3 and I gave up and turned him in that vehicle :eek:.

mom of six

I wondered if i was the only one who had an ERF kicker. My DS is in the middle between his two tween/teen sisters and he kicks them especially when we are on long trips. He has good aim and is often able to get them in the soft spots on their developing chests:eek:. Never thought of tying his shoes together. I will have to try that next time we go on a road trip.

lpperry

The MR and the Radian will puzzle fabulously if both RF so I doubt you have to take the MR out.

I thought I tried the Myride with the Radian together when I had them both rearfacing. Maybe my parents had the seat then and I didn't try that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC