Honda Odyssey vs Nissan Quest

1stTimeDad

Just want everyone's general opinions. I would prefer pre-owned as the new ones are mighty expensive. Maybe a 2010 for the ody and 2011 for quest. DW likes the quest a little better but for safety reasons I like the ody better. Plus the ability to have three accross in second row in ody vs only 2 in quest. Opinions please. We have a 19 month old DD and DD #2 due in august. Looking to buy by the end of the month. Thanks!

ADS

tl01

2010 ody vs 2011 quest I'd probably go quest. If the storage is acceptable in the trunk for you... It's a really nice van. It's not super popular on this board because it doesn't have as many latch sets and tethers but if you are only taking two kids and an occasional other child.. I'd get it. It is much more luxurious. I had one for a week and wrote a review on it. They really built it almost to Infiniti quality standards.

1stTimeDad

Thanks so much for your opinion as we are struggling. Loved the quest but safety ratings have the ody rated higher and it has been around longer. (at least the models that I am looking for). DW loves nissan and she had a bad experience with a honda. Our 08 pilot's paint is fading already. Grrrr. Decisions, decisions

tl01

Thanks so much for your opinion as we are struggling. Loved the quest but safety ratings have the ody rated higher and it has been around longer. (at least the models that I am looking for). DW loves nissan and she had a bad experience with a honda. Our 08 pilot's paint is fading already. Grrrr. Decisions, decisions

Which tests are you comparing? The nhtsa testing between the two vans is not the same. They changed the standards in 2011 to be more stringent. Cars tested before then did not have the harder testing.

1stTimeDad

Although I've heard the criticisms about the website I still listen to "informedforlife.org". They just seem to make a lot of sense. They also say that in 2011 the standards changed, but even then the quest was rated lower than the odyssey. I'll keep looking at things. Thanks!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I was a little surprised to see that the 2011+ Nissan Quest has not even been crash tested by the government, according to Safercar.gov. That would be a reason why it doesn't do as well as other vehicles at informedforlife.org. They assign an average rating for tests that are missing. Be sure to check out our reviews of various minivans at www.CarseatBlog.com!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC