Question Stride rite deals

ADS

mscarder

I'd sign up for their emails. I've gotten DD fancy sparly light up tennis shoes on their website for 17.50 and free shipping. They had a 50% off email exclusive sale last night with some shoes running 17.50-20$ again.

Jessica61624

We went to the outlet today and got a pair for $25. More than I wanted to spend but its worth it. His feet are so fat the wides are hard to get on!

sweetfeet

Perhaps. It's been a decade since I worked there and we didnt have steps back then. What was his numerical size? I'd say about half the new walkers that came in took an XW. It's pretty common for a new walker to have chubby feet. Where they fasten across the top of the foot can you squeeze any extra material? Is it very snug across that area?

Jessica61624

Perhaps. It's been a decade since I worked there and we didnt have steps back then. What was his numerical size? I'd say about half the new walkers that came in took an XW. It's pretty common for a new walker to have chubby feet. Where they fasten across the top of the foot can you squeeze any extra material? Is it very snug across that area?

He's a size 5. I couldn't get them on at all with his socks on. I think he's curling his toes which doeent help. Ill pay more attention tomorrow when I put them on.

sweetfeet

The toe curling is kind of a common thing babies do when you first put shoes on. Try tickling the bottom of his foot between his heel and big toe with longish strokes, not to make him giggle. Most babes will stretch their foot. Then open the shoe up as much as you can and have his big toe kind of lead in. I hope that makes sense. Once they are on have him stand and check the length. You should have a thumb space at the end of the big toe on a newly fitted pair. They should also easily fit with socks on. Hope that helps.

Jessica61624

He's got about a thumbs width in the front. I found some thinner socks and they went on easier this morning. The Velcro just matches up. Since he's just starting to walk I think he's going to start thinning out.

StillThankful

Always ask what they have on clearance in the back. I became very cordial to a young lady who worked for Stride Rite and she told me about their shoes in the back.

For some reason, Stride Rite holds several shoes in the back (that go on clearance) without putting them on display except for a couple times a year. I've gotten several pairs of shoes for $15. I've inquired as to why they do that--can't think of their response though.

When the shoes don't sell (which, of course they won't because they are not on display) ,they are sent back to Stride Rite, who in turns sends them to area outlets, who then marks them up to $25.

Weird....

blueindigo

Time sure does go fast! Its been so crazy with 3 kids I haven't really enjoyed his first year.

It is defiantly harder to get alone time with the baby with older siblings around, I am finding that out for myself right now. I bet your little one is excited to be able to walk around and follow after his older siblings now ;).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC