radian head wings still aren't low enough & head slump with angle adjuster

Jenson47

I just got my radian in and seem to like it. She is rear facing on the 3rd slot to the top. However, the head wings don't line up with the jaw according to the manual. They don't seem to go far enough down. What should I do?

We are using the angle adjuster. It won't fit in our car without it. My daughter head tilted forward and to the side. She is 9 month old and crawling. Any suggestions on how to make her more comfortable and not get this? Can I use the infant head support that came with the seat?

thanks

ADS

creideamh

If she is using the third slots the head wings must be down. Are her shoulders above the third slots? Pictures would be great if possible.

Did they change it again? Allana was saying the headwings have the be even with the jaw, otherwise place back up at the top (even if on the third slots.) :shrug-shoulders:

ETA- OP, make sure you've removed the foam square things blocking the tracks on each side below the headrest.

Jessica61624

The manual has always said one the third slot they come down ABOUT chin level. I know others have said their child head has got suck under the wings when they left them up.

creideamh

The manual has always said one the third slot they come down ABOUT chin level. I know others have said their child head has got suck under the wings when they left them up.

Thanks, I'm just confused because I specifically emailed Allana about this months ago and she was very clear to leave them up until they were level with the jaw and how it should also be followed with the XTSLs. Maybe another email is in order...arg.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I am one of those that has a child who got stuck under the headwings when on third slot without lowering them. It happened 3 times and I decided the manual said ABOUT for a dang! Good reason. I think that there is a huge difference in being at the temple and being down to the jaw. Could you imagine what would happen to a child's neck if they ramped while stuck under a headwing? :shudder:

creideamh

Only a small update, but I did email her, and again after she requested pics (I found some around the Internet that I thought illustrated the problem.) She just emailed back and said she forwarded them to the engineers and would let me know when she hears back.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC