4 wheeled City Mini single?

crunchierthanthou

I saw this tonight. Has anyone heard anything? My guess is it's to compete with the Bob Motion (essentially a 4 wheeled B-Agile).

eta: Thinking about where I saw it- I assume it was announced at ABC Spring this week.

bjcm4w.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

kaharris83

I know it's been available overseas for a while. Haven't heard anything about a US release. Heard a lot about the Valco Snap 4 lately. With the air tire option Valco has mentioned and the fact that the Snap 4 is probably lighter than the City Mini 4 I think the Valco would be a better choice.

Mingie

CPST Instructor
Oh I like it! Has anyone tried the BOB motion stroller yet? I really like the idea and it's on my list of potential strollers. I like the air filled tires.

Mercuria

I'd still get the Snap4 over this. I like the big back wheels so much more than I anticipated (they really smooth out all the bumps in cobblestone-ish sidewalks), the shoulder strap has been indispensable, the standing fold has been really useful, and the Snap4 weighs less than the three-wheeled City Mini. And, of course, the us-specific thing of folding seat-in so I can put it in our dog vehicle (I haven't even had to mess with tarps or shower curtains).

I'm a bit afraid that I'll be jealous of the deeper seat when the little one's less little, though. He seems to be all leg. I like that there might be more options soon.

Mercuria

Oh I like it! Has anyone tried the BOB motion stroller yet? I really like the idea and it's on my list of potential strollers. I like the air filled tires.

I rather liked the BOB Motion, but it's HEAVY (price for the air filled tires and suspension). It's not a BOB push, but it's still a great push. Better than the BJCM GT, I think.

The REI sales guy did point out that the front wheels are riveted in, which means that the entire assembly needs to get replaced if younger a flat or need new tires. Both the tire and inner tube are basically trapped.

Mingie

CPST Instructor
I tried the Motion and I didn't think it was better than the City Mini GT I had. The push was nearly, if not exactly, identical. I compared the two here: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=452391&highlight=motion

The 4 wheel City Mini is going to be released in May according to the Baby Guy for $259.

Thanks. That was a nice comparison. The City Mini GT is what I originally had chosen. I had a City Mini before and really did love it. We have a BOB duallie and we love it too so I am a fan of both companies.

Mercuria

I tried the Motion and I didn't think it was better than the City Mini GT I had. The push was nearly, if not exactly, identical. I compared the two here: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=452391&highlight=motion

The 4 wheel City Mini is going to be released in May according to the Baby Guy for $259.

I'm definitely going to trust your opinion over mine! I didn't have them side by side!

Thanks. That was a nice comparison. The City Mini GT is what I originally had chosen. I had a City Mini before and really did love it. We have a BOB duallie and we love it too so I am a fan of both companies.

The BOB Motion has the BOB name on it, but it's more of a Britax-BOB cross stroller. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. The recline is better, for one.

Mingie

CPST Instructor
The BOB Motion has the BOB name on it, but it's more of a Britax-BOB cross stroller. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. The recline is better, for one.

I'm hoping the motion will be in stores here soon(I'm in Canada). I really need to give it a go. I'm still figuring out my infant seat so trying to figure out a colour combo I like. I just don't love the motion colours. I would like to see it in person though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC