Safety First Advance 70 Air Plus?

whitneyg

Has anyone gotten one? Anyone planning to? I am intrigued for sure. Could they have made the name any more awkward?

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
It looks pretty cool! Totally useless to me since my daughter is rapidly closing in on the 40 lb RF weight limit. But I look forward to playing with one.

And no, they couldn't possibly have made the name more cumbersome. Well, Ok, I take that back. If they tried hard enough I'm sure they could have come up with something like "Safety First Extreme Advanced Air Protect Plus Super Hex Side Impact Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious."

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
If they ever name a seat supercal, I will buy it for that reason alone. Lol!

On-topic, I had never heard of this seat, off to check it out...

I just signed up for this site to ask the question...

Any ideas if it'll fit a NB? I have the Safety First Complete Air 65 for my DD and LOVE LOVE LOVE the seat... but I know it won't work for a NB. I'm hoping this new Air + will. I saw the seat in the box at Target so I couldn't play with it or see the lowest strap setting. Seems only Target is getting it? So I may not have the chance to see it like they do at BRU?

I love the look of this seat though and hope it'll fit a NB. DD was almost 9lbs at birth but she was a bit short at only 19". I'd just give in and get a Graco My Ride65... but I love those side wings so much. On DD's seat, it works so great to keep her head up while napping in the car.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Any ideas if it'll fit a NB?

DD was almost 9lbs at birth but she was a bit short at only 19".

Welcome to Car-Seat.org! :)

Heather and I took the video that is posted on the blog and I can tell you that the doll we used in that demo is 20" long and roughly the size of a larger (maybe 8 or 9 lbs.) newborn. It was a good fit on that doll so I'd be comfortable with saying that it could be a good option for a healthy, full term newborn - especially one that was a little bigger than average. But you should have a backup plan in place just in case the baby is born early or is considerably smaller than your first.

Target was getting it first and they told us "other retailers to follow" but didn't say who those retailers were or when exactly they would be getting this seat.

HTH! Good luck!

Welcome to Car-Seat.org! :)

Heather and I took the video that is posted on the blog and I can tell you that the doll we used in that demo is 20" long and roughly the size of a larger (maybe 8 or 9 lbs.) newborn. It was a good fit on that doll so I'd be comfortable with saying that it could be a good option for a healthy, full term newborn - especially one that was a little bigger than average. But you should have a backup plan in place just in case the baby is born early or is considerably smaller than your first.

Target was getting it first and they told us "other retailers to follow" but didn't say who those retailers were or when exactly they would be getting this seat.

HTH! Good luck!

Thank you so much! I asked on the FB group "Carseats for the Littles" and someone suggested I get a cheap convertible seat just in case. They suggested the Cosco Apt. Then it got me thinking, the seat in my MIL's car is probably going to expire soon so I'll use the cosco until Newbie fits into the SF, then give the cosco to the MIL. 40lbs should get her until almost 3.5 or more (DD1 just had to turn at 40lbs and she was almost 3.5).

Thanks for the advice! :)

Cryssy Jane

I tried monkey in it this weekend but haven't really read much about it. Monkey is 4 years, 1 month, 36lbs and wears 4t clothing. He didn't seem too impressed and didn't seem to have all that much growing room left. Those headwings looked nice and comfy to me though.

Eta that's headrest all the way up.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC