Radian tethering question

Lenae

I thought I read somewhere that the Radian could be tethered to the vehicle seat it was on. I've lost my manual though and am having a heck of a time searching with my phone. So yay or nay?

ADS

Lenae

I am pretty certain it cannot. Call Diono?

That would require some quiet from my children, which isn't going to happen today, lol. :rolleyes:

I am home now and searched here and there was a thread where tiggercat says her 2013 LATCH manual says Diono allows tethering to the same vehicle seat the restraint is on. Times like these, I wish I were a tech with a LATCH manual.

tiggercat

It can be tethered to the leg of the seat it's on, but not to a "structural crossmember of the vehicle seat". It is in the latch manual under the section for RF tethering, I can get the wording later, in the middle of something ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

Lenae

Excellent. DH's new pickup is lifted, so I have to put Sassy on the floorboard behind her seat so she can climb onto the vehicle seat and then into her carseat. The tether was making it a PITA, but I tried tethering to the leg of the backseat and it worked great.

tiggercat

2013 LATCH manual P72. "Diono makes an exception and will allow rear tethering to the seat the CR is on, but only if it is the only viable option and the tether is not over tightened".

tiggercat

I heard it at a conference or two or three. It doesn't say you can't do it in the manual, just to find a suitable place, page 31 http://us.diono.com/docs/manuals/Diono_US_RadianRXT_Manual_US_Eng_122811_web.pdf

(oh, Britax is the same... http://www.britaxusa.com/uploads/products/user-guides/120.pdf Page 18, but their argument is that the picture doesn't 'show' it attached to the same seat, so therefore it's not allowed).

:shrug-shoulders:

Interesting that they specifically allow a seatbelt anchorage point to be used, while SRN publications advise against it.
I suppose if the vehicle manual allowed it, do any vehicle manuals you've seen even talk about RF tethering? lol

Lenae

2013 LATCH manual P72. "Diono makes an exception and will allow rear tethering to the seat the CR is on, but only if it is the only viable option and the tether is not over tightened".

That sounds less good. It isn't overly tight, it's just snugged up a bit, but it isn't the only spot. I can use the seat track in front of it, it's just a pain for Sassy to climb under. Now what?

tiggercat

That sounds less good. It isn't overly tight, it's just snugged up a bit, but it isn't the only spot. I can use the seat track in front of it, it's just a pain for Sassy to climb under. Now what?

Contact Diono for advice?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC