How are we liking the Harmony folding booster?

glockchick

Anyone using it as their primary? How's the padding?

I'm thinking about getting a couple of these for a trip where we'll be flying this summer.

ADS

nannykates

I really like it. I use it as a primary in my car (which is not the primary car for T). She's never complained about padding to me. I would try it out before you leave (or lose the receipt) because I could see it not working for every kid.

Stelvis

We used it on vacation and really liked it. Gave a good belt fit on DS who is still under 40 lbs. I left it in FL for next year, but I could see us using it as an everyday seat not just a travel seat.

The seat itself has a bump in the middle in front of the crotch like old fashioned school chairs to discourage the child from slumping their pelvis forward and theoretically preventing submarining.

Also the box came with a carry handle. It did NOT fit in the overhead bin, but I was fine with gate checking it because it was protected by the original box.

We just flew to Hawaii with ours. Fit perfectly in the over head bin, without the box. My daughter is just around 38 lbs and the belt fit is almost perfect. Her Monterey sits lower on her thighs compared to the harmony, but still in the acceptable range. So nice to travel with.

henrietta

I love ours. It's my kids back up seat. It fits my 39 lbs 4.5 yr old AND my 47 lbs 7.5 yr old. It has a very square, narrow base. It will probably become my youngests primary seat when we have to do 3-across in my car.

glockchick

So do you think it's worth the $120 just to make air travel with 6 kids easier? My 5 1/2 yr old would use one and the almost 7 year old the other. My parents will be with me and my oldest two are a big help as well so I won't be alone with them. The other alternative would be to put the backs to their PW SGLs in a suitcase and carry on the backless part.

Stelvis

For me, it would be, but it depends on your budget. Maybe do a bubble bum for the older booster rider instead?

glockchick

I have one older than that. ;) And she will be in her BB. :) I know my almost 7 year old rides in a backless with her dad, but I'm not ready for that yet. Plus it's at least an hr drive from the airport to our destination and I'm pretty sure she'll fall asleep especially after the excitement of being on a plane for the first time she can remember.

nannykates

Well, they are only $50 a piece so it would be more like $100. For me it would be worth it but I like them for daily use too. They really are good for car sleeping.

glockchick

Flying in July 2, leaving the 9th. :)

I'll have to check the store for them next time I go. I didn't see any last time, but I wasn't looking all that hard either. ;)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Flying in July 2, leaving the 9th. :)

I'll have to check the store for them next time I go. I didn't see any last time, but I wasn't looking all that hard either. ;)

It is weird. The BIG Wal-marts around me don't carry it, but the SMALL Wal-marts do. :p

agave

Ok, using walmart's mobile site on a device without a GPS the find in store button is actually useful. Bryan, Brenham, and La Grange have them.

glockchick

Thanks! I'm in town until the butt crack of dawn tomorrow morning so maybe I'll make a field trip to the Bryan WM today. Maybe not. It's my day off and I don't feel like going anywhere. lol Sometimes working 70 miles away from home is a PITA.

I'm back on duty starting tomorrow at 7 until Friday morning at 7 so I'm kinda wanting a lazy day spent with someone special today instead of running around. ;)

agave

I have to go to CS again soon I may have to detour through Bryan. I don't miss driving all over at ridiculous hours for work, I do miss the paycheck.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC