5 in a 2002 Suburban, need tips

Katja99

Hi all,

Well, I finally don't have a space problem, but we are adopting a little boy with Down syndrome in a couple months, he's 3, but I'd like him rf. the trouble is, all of my money has gone to the adoption, and I can't afford to buy him a new seat. We have our 5 yr old daughter in a sunshine kids radian xtsl that is pink, but should work for him. Here's the problem, sorry for the rambling, the suburban has 2 shoulder belts in each row, and only one anchor for ff in each row.

So my current setup is:

Middle row:
RF 2 yr old in sunshine kids radian drivers side
FF 3 yr old in britax frontier middle
Passenger side Seat is currently down so the other kids can get in the back row.

Back row:
FF 5 yr old in sunshine kids radian drivers side
Middle seat is empty
8 yr old in graco high back booster passenger side

Was thinking of moving the FF 3 yr old to the back row middle and putting the 5 yr old in a high back booster. There's only one anchor, so there can't be two carseats next to each other, even if I didn't need to steal her seat.

Then I would RF the new son and the 2 yr old in The Radians

So new setup would be

RF radian, RF radian, empty
Booster, frontier, booster

Wdyt?

ADS

creideamh

Tether anchors- are you sure about the number? I don't have my LATCH manual in front of me, but my aunt's 2001 Suburban has 3 TAs for each middle row seat and 1 TA back row center. They look like flat, metal rings at the back bottoms of each seat.

I'm also not sure you'd be able to fit 2 HBBs plus a Frontier in the 3rd row. Have you tried putting the FR there with the Turbo next to it?

Katja99

No, I haven't tried the frontier next to the booster. We have it next to the radian now and it's fine, so I thought it'd be ok.

Unsure on the anchors. We just got the car and I couldn't find them when installing, except 1 for each row.

Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC