Farm Bureau seats

jess71903

Ambassador
Ok, so I know the convertible is the Apt (at least on the order form p2). Any idea what the HBB is? It looks to me like a Turbo, except the arm rests aren't right, but then, I don't know boosters.

My ILs asked about seats today. They were told that FB sells customers discounted seats ($25 convertible, $15 booster), and wanted to know if they would work for my kids. They were thinking 2 harnessed seats, but Gage has outgrown the Apt. I think it would be okay for Evie for at least a little while yet, but told them I'd try her in one in a store before giving the go-ahead.

Now to Gage...he's 5y8m, 42+lbs. I've been toying with the idea of booster training for just this reason. He's definitely not ready just to let go with the ILs in a booster without any training, but I'm thinking a HBB would reduce frustration and leave me with only 1 seat to teach them how to install themselves. If they were to go on a longer trip, I could always still send them with Gage's PS. I don't know. I don't want DH to think it means no more harnesses, ever, but I think a booster would increase the likelihood my ILs will buckle him correctly.

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
Now I'm questioning their need for seats at all, especially sub - optimal ones for my particular kids. DH thinks them getting seats is silly. Any time they ride with the ILs, I install their seats in their car.

MommyShannon

Are they listed as emergency pick ups at school or anything? I gave my mom a booster when we moved here and DD started school.

jess71903

Ambassador
Are they listed as emergency pick ups at school or anything? I gave my mom a booster when we moved here and DD started school.

No, they live 3 hours away, and we homeschool. I just really can't think of a situation that would require them to need seats that I can't install.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC