Princess backless boosters

nannykates

T went to a bday party today and I dropped her off with her backless youth booster. The mom said she had one just like it already in the car and I asked her if she was sure and made sure she wasn't bumping any of the other kids to put T in one (the only kid under 8 so the only one legally required to use one but her 9 and 11 yr olds do normally). Well T came home and I asked her where in the van she sat and she said way back behind the mom once and middle on the other side once. Then I asked her what color her seat was and she said "it had princesses with crowns, way cuter than our seats!"

I was kinda uncomfortable leaving her but I'm not the parent so it's really hard for me to push back with out being like "i'm a car seat tech and I bet every kid in that van needs a booster"

But really do you know if this is a real seat? any ideas what it was? Princess turbo?

ADS

MotoMommaNH

there is a turbo booster with Disney princesses...
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Backless-TurboBooster-Jeweled-Princess/dp/B001B91ZC6"]Amazon.com: Graco Backless TurboBooster Car Seat, Jeweled Princess: Baby[/ame]

nannykates

Guess I'm just irritated that she lied about it being the "exact same seat" then. I know most people don't see the difference and she does have good fit in turbos (like 90% of the booster population). Ok, dropping it right now.

aeormsby

I wouldn't expect a non-carseat geek friend to not mean the same type of seat with that kind of comment :shrug-shoulders:

jacqui276

She probably just meant that she also has a backless booster. Walmart currently sells a pink Disney princess backless turbo.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
To the average joe, a harness is a harness and a booster is a booster. Heck, some techs don't have a clue what different seats are off the bat. I'm called over to id seats at checks for other senior checkers or I get texts middle of the day from the CPSE office to help id. They've got pictoral guides, but they don't always use them. I would not be upset. She sat in a booster. The mom cares enough to have one in her vehicle with kids over the legal minimum to be out of one.

nannykates

I guess I kinda thought she was a bit car seat dorky since her 11 yo is still in a booster...but its all a learning experience. That's why I come here to see if I'm crazy or not!

nannykates

To the average joe, a harness is a harness and a booster is a booster. Heck, some techs don't have a clue what different seats are off the bat. I'm called over to id seats at checks for other senior checkers or I get texts middle of the day from the CPSE office to help id. They've got pictoral guides, but they don't always use them. I would not be upset. She sat in a booster. The mom cares enough to have one in her vehicle with kids over the legal minimum to be out of one.

Also...my bf takes photos of every back seat he checks to make me Id the seats. I got one from someone else at his station the other day too.-

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC