Should I return the Radian- broken area?

ZephyrBlue

My DD outgrew her MA by height and I ordered her a Princess Radian from EliteCarSeats. It came today, and I really like it- however- when I was looking it over, I found a spot on the side of the shell where there is a strip of plastic that is raised, it runs alongside both of the shell sides, and it's broken off on one end. Kinda hard to explain- http://img5.ranchoweb.com/images/balessingo/radianissue.jpg

My first instinct is to return it- I'm worried about how it got broken- was it dropped? etc. I did purchase return shipping insurance, so it shouldn't be a problem at all, but I'm wondering if I'm overreacting? I know the shell itself isn't broken, but if something happened that caused this piece to break, it did sustain some sort of trauma, right?

ETA- I don't like the way it fits in my van with the seatbelt installation, so I'm returning it for a refund anyway. I ordered DD a Regent from BabyCenter, instead. My girls LOVED the Princess cover, though! I just hope they return the seat to SKJP, or destroy it, and don't send it out to anyone else :(

Last edited:
ADS

beeman

Looks like it took a pretty good hit to sustain that injury. That looks like it could be shipping damage. Was there a matching mark on the box? I'd replace it.

ZephyrBlue

There are a couple of ding holes in the box, so I bet you're right about it happening during shipping. Ugh. Between this and the Como, I'm ready to be done with seats right now :dizzy:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC