Question What's Your Favorite Portable Play Yard?

katymyers

I'm not sure what to get for baby number 4. I've owned two Graco Pack n Plays, one very basic model and another that had all the bells and whistles available at the time I bought it. I loved the set up on them and I always felt they were easy to move around and travel with. I never minded how much space they took up when folded but I do drive a much smaller car now so it might become an issue for me. Any recommendations? I've looked at Chiccos online which seem nice and I could get one to match the car seat we're getting. Should I just get another Graco? This is my last baby and with three other young children at home I just want things to be as simple, streamlined, and easy as possible.

ADS

Citrine

With my first 2 we had a fisher price pack n play. It was a flat fold. It had a changer in it and a bassinet with it. It fit great in my 04 Passat trunk. The bassinet folded in towards the middle and the baby would end up rolling toward the middle of it. I did like it though, just never used the bassinet part. I got rid of the fisher price pack n play when we moved August 2010. In Summer of 2011, I got a Carters pack n play on clearance at Babies R Us. It folds the same way as the Gracos do. It has a changer and the bassinet is like a crib where it was raised up. I love it. It is an easy set up and the changer part could be lifted out of the way. The changer part is also flat so baby never rolled towards the middle. We travel often and set up and take down is a breeze. Good luck with your choices!

Jillian

Don't get a chicco! It's awesome but it's a bear! In over 3 years I still don't know how to take it down (exaggeration, takes forever though)

Get a basic graco or something.

Eta favorite thing about chicco is you can remove the boards from the bottom mat and wash the mat. That's invaluable and I would definitely look for that feature in an easier to fold one

katymyers

I mainly use them for travel or naps at grandparent's houses but I also like being able to put toys in it and use it as a play yard. I like the Graco Element Pack n Play which has two different levels on the bassinet attachment but I haven't seen one in person so I don't know if it would actually work like I'm thinking it would.

katymyers

Don't get a chicco! It's awesome but it's a bear! In over 3 years I still don't know how to take it down (exaggeration, takes forever though)

Get a basic graco or something.

Eta favorite thing about chicco is you can remove the boards from the bottom mat and wash the mat. That's invaluable and I would definitely look for that feature in an easier to fold one

Thank you, that's really helpful. Being able to take it down easily is huge for me, my niece has a Baby Trend that makes me want to throw it off an overpass onto a freeway every time I have to take it down.

wnkw

We have a graco (with reversible napper), but dd2 used (still for naps) the rock n play for sleeping so we never used the attachments. Daycare kiddo naps in the regular part. Its pretty much the same as their old ones, just buttons instead of pinch thingy (real technical, i know).

We also have a square fisher price one. Its bigger for playing. Its not hard to put up/down other than you have to really stretch to push it down since it's wider. Its also longer when folded up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC