Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    CPS Technician

Re: Frontier 90... $210 preorder!

Just saw they are in stock at Albee (all but Cactus Flower). We have a Congo on preorder from Albee but no shipping notifications yet.

A few weeks ago they had an option on their site to receive an email notification when they were in-stock, so I put my email in before I even preordered. Yesterday morning I received the automated in-stock notification email from Albee saying it was now in-stock, but the website still only said preorder. I emailed them yesterday morning to see if the email was a mistake or if they really did have them in stock. I haven't received an email reply yet.
    DS1 (April '09) Britax Parkway SGL & Clek Olli, DD (March '12) Britax Frontier 90 & Evenflo Maestro, DS2 (April '15) RF Nuna Rava & RF Clek Foonf
    2011 Honda Pilot
    2009 Honda Ridgeline

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member 2BunniesMommy's Avatar

I went ahead and ordered mine from Amazon. $252 is a great price and I will have it Tuesday.

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by aporthole View Post
    Just saw they are in stock at Albee (all but Cactus Flower).
    Oh no! Hoping cactus flower takes a bit longer because I may want to cancel my preorder. After a few moments of playing with one, I'm disappointed and may not want it anymore. I hope I can resell for what I paid if needed.

Carseat Crazy

Mine now shows 'Warehouse" instead of "backorder." I bet they ship by Monday. I will be returning the Amazon seat since they're being turds about pricematching/adjusting to $247 for me...
    Katherine mommy to Emma 5/06 (2 Big Kids) and Ellie 6/10 (Zebra FR90 and FF TF)

6. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaGrace'sMom View Post
    Mine now shows 'Warehouse" instead of "backorder." I bet they ship by Monday. I will be returning the Amazon seat since they're being turds about pricematching/adjusting to $247 for me...
    Thanks I totally forgot you don't have to log into an account to check shipping at Albeebaby mine says the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    Oh no! Hoping cactus flower takes a bit longer because I may want to cancel my preorder. After a few moments of playing with one, I'm disappointed and may not want it anymore. I hope I can resell for what I paid if needed.
    Oh no, what didn't you like?

Would amazon price match albee?

Eta I haven't checked my two preorders but when I called on another seat today they said they should have them in two weeks, if they ship before then than that is great news for me.

Crystal: CPST, DCP and BFF to:
    Hania: 3 months, rf in a nuna pipa
    Piper: 2 years, 26lbs rf in a monkey clek fllo
    Isabella: 4.5 years, 32lbs rf in a clek foonf
    Rocking out in a 2015 Subaru WRX and a 2006 Toyota Sienna

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Cryssy Jane View Post

Eta I haven't checked my two preorders but when I called on another seat today they said they should have them in two weeks, if they ship before then than that is great news for me.
    Probably not. BUT, I just got a shipping notification from Albee!!!! (I ordered Zebra)
    Katherine mommy to Emma 5/06 (2 Big Kids) and Ellie 6/10 (Zebra FR90 and FF TF)

I didn't get a shipping confirmation email, but I just called and they said my seat went out today
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

CPS Technician

Just got my shipping confirmation from Albee for Congo!!!!!!!
    DS1 (April '09) Britax Parkway SGL & Clek Olli, DD (March '12) Britax Frontier 90 & Evenflo Maestro, DS2 (April '15) RF Nuna Rava & RF Clek Foonf
    2011 Honda Pilot
    2009 Honda Ridgeline

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Cryssy Jane View Post
    I highly doubt it. A few people have called or chatted with Amazon and they won't price match. They did offer partial refunds for the ones that had Amazon price drops within the last 7 days.
    2011 Honda Pilot
    2009 Honda Ridgeline

I got a shipping notice for zebra!!! Woohoo!!!!!

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by eas423 View Post
    Oh no, what didn't you like?
    Don't worry! They are things that might not matter to anyone but me.

I have short fingers and had a lot of trouble reaching the harness loosening lever. Maybe I'd find a way with time to make it easier or maybe it would become easier if the stiff fabric loosened up a bit. I literally cannot reach it without pushing inwards that stuff fabric and it doesn't feel good. But I have short fingers. It does make me wonder though, why did they feel they had to bury it that deeply in there? If I can barely do it from the correct angle, what kid would be able to even come close from the backward angle? I'm one of those who loosens every time and I'm not going to change that for a any seat.

My other issue is with the fabric. I wish I had access to feel all the fabrics before ordering to see if there is anything I like (or better yet, have DDs feel it). We are used to their nicer fabrics and I'm picky.

Maybe when I get a chance to try installing one, that will win me over.

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaGrace'sMom View Post
    Mine now shows 'Warehouse" instead of "backorder."
    What fabric? Mine says both preorder and warehouse for cactus flower.

I ordered 2 in congo and got shipping notices for both Assuming they get picked up today I'll have them in a week woot!

Crystal: CPST, DCP and BFF to:
    Hania: 3 months, rf in a nuna pipa
    Piper: 2 years, 26lbs rf in a monkey clek fllo
    Isabella: 4.5 years, 32lbs rf in a clek foonf
    Rocking out in a 2015 Subaru WRX and a 2006 Toyota Sienna

My Onxy shipped today as well.
    DS 6 years/ 46 inches/ 44lbs riding harnessed in a Frontier 85 and Frontier 90
    DD Riding in a B-Safe

Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    Don't worry! They are things that might not matter to anyone but me.

I have short fingers and had a lot of trouble reaching the harness loosening lever. Maybe I'd find a way with time to make it easier or maybe it would become easier if the stiff fabric loosened up a bit. I literally cannot reach it without pushing inwards that stuff fabric and it doesn't feel good. But I have short fingers. It does make me wonder though, why did they feel they had to bury it that deeply in there? If I can barely do it from the correct angle, what kid would be able to even come close from the backward angle? I'm one of those who loosens every time and I'm not going to change that for a any seat.
    I'm glad it's not just me! I got mine today and I was thinking where the heck is the adjuster?! I finally slid my (long) fingers all the way in and then realized it's not a lever, but more of a thing you push on. I can't believe how far in it is!

Also, the click-tight feature doesn't give me a tight install at all.

Senior Community Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post

I'm glad it's not just me! I got mine today and I was thinking where the heck is the adjuster?! I finally slid my (long) fingers all the way in and then realized it's not a lever, but more of a thing you push on. I can't believe how far in it is!

Also, the click-tight feature doesn't give me a tight install at all.
    Are you taking the slack out of the belt? Putting both the top and lap portion of the belt into the click tight? I don't know how it couldn't give a tight install... At first I was concerned about the click tight being too tight of an install because it was so easy to get snug.

My tracking says "an exception has occurred in the sorting process. UPS has taken corrective action."

What does that mean?
    DS 6 years/ 46 inches/ 44lbs riding harnessed in a Frontier 85 and Frontier 90
    DD Riding in a B-Safe

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bella_1818 View Post
    My tracking says "an exception has occurred in the sorting process. UPS has taken corrective action."

What does that mean?
    That sounds familiar, but I can't quite remember. I think it might mean that it'll take an extra day because it wasn't sorted correctly. Did it go on the wrong truck or not get put on the right one that day, I wonder.