Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    CPS Fanatic

Re: Frontier 90... $210 preorder!

I received an email that the product I ordered is on back order ... is that standard for preorders or does that mean I won't get one from their first shipment?

Quote Originally Posted by aporthole View Post
    I bought a FR85 in January for $205 from Albee and when I heard about the 90s coming 3 weeks after we got it, I was able to sell it on Craigslist for $195 within a week. The DOM was Jan 7, 2013 so it was still literally only weeks old.
    Wow, you did do well, but then again, you got a great deal and it was almost new, so that sounds like it worked out well for both parties. Ours has new DOMs when we purchased, but we paid a bit more (about 25% off list) and they've been used for about a year and a half, so I'm just I won't get too much less than the prorated amount off what I paid for our time used. But we'll see how much them being discontinued affects that. I think it will also depend on if I can sell it/them before the price comes down too much.

Quote Originally Posted by crunchierthanthou View Post
    What do you drive? Can you fit a regular Frontier in it? I'm optimistically expecting very few incompatibilities.
    Yes, we have two 85s right now in our 07 Forester. The incompatibilities I'm concerned about are the booster belt guides, because the 85 is the only one that works really well with them (although we'll be keeping at least one 85 anyway), and the click tight system. It sounds like it won't work with all vehicles and I saw something about belt stalk being ahead of seat bight. our bight is up above the seat crease, so in a sense our buckle stalks are in front of it, but I don't think that's what they mean, is it? But I'm easing my nerves by remembering that if it won't work in my car, it might work in the secondary car they sometimes ride in and it's a great deal. Really, if I knew it worked, I'd would order two. Otherwise, who gets the new seat??? I anticipate trouble!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

The code no longer works - I just tried it.

I would love to have gotten in on this deal, but it wasn't in the budget. Just paid rent and other bills plus last week our kitchen faucet broke and rather than have to wait until they could send someone out to fix/replace it and having to take off work to meet the maintenance person, we opted to pay for a new one, have DH install it, and get reimbursed. I am waiting for the reimbursement check right now. If we hadn't just spent $150 on that new faucet, I would have ordered one.

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post

Do you mind my asking how much you got for the FR85? Still trying to figure out how much to charge for mine.
    $200 cash including a private car seat check and it was a 7.2012 dom that i got in november.

ETA If mine get here before yours, I have full access to just about any subaru possible (my friends and myself all drive subies and one of my friends works at the subaru dealership).

Crystal: CPST, DCP and BFF to:
    Hania: 3 months, rf in a nuna pipa
    Piper: 2 years, 26lbs rf in a monkey clek fllo
    Isabella: 4.5 years, 32lbs rf in a clek foonf
    Rocking out in a 2015 Subaru WRX and a 2006 Toyota Sienna

5. Thank You from:

CPS Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by msg221 View Post
    The code no longer works - I just tried it.

I would love to have gotten in on this deal, but it wasn't in the budget. Just paid rent and other bills plus last week our kitchen faucet broke and rather than have to wait until they could send someone out to fix/replace it and having to take off work to meet the maintenance person, we opted to pay for a new one, have DH install it, and get reimbursed. I am waiting for the reimbursement check right now. If we hadn't just spent $150 on that new faucet, I would have ordered one.
    Crap I knew that was going to happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica61624 View Post
    Crap I knew that was going to happen!

I did too! Oh well, if it is still on sale for $247 on Albee, I will just order from them. Still cheaper than Amazon. I'm not worried about whether it will work in my car since I have a FR85 in there now so I don't need the free returns.

ETA: And it's no longer on sale at Albee. Guess I will be waiting it out!

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

Carseat Crazy

So lame! Sale code doesn't work!
    KaliShanti: Wife, Birth Doula/Photographer, & Loving Mama to:
    Tor - 04/07 FF in Frontier 85 SICT / Graco Turbobooster
    Zion - 11/09 FF in Frontier 90 / RF in Radian XTSL XTSL
    Enoch - 11/11 RF in Evenflo Symphony e3 / XTSL

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by msg221 View Post
    ETA: And it's no longer on sale at Albee. Guess I will be waiting it out!
    It's still $247 at Albee. (or maybe it went up and back down today?)

Any update on shipping time. I'd really like to have mine by May 29. I might have to cancel my order.
    DS 6 years/ 46 inches/ 44lbs riding harnessed in a Frontier 85 and Frontier 90
    DD Riding in a B-Safe

Quote Originally Posted by bella_1818 View Post
    Any update on shipping time. I'd really like to have mine by May 29. I might have to cancel my order.
    I was just told the general 'end of may' response.

Crystal: CPST, DCP and BFF to:
    Hania: 3 months, rf in a nuna pipa
    Piper: 2 years, 26lbs rf in a monkey clek fllo
    Isabella: 4.5 years, 32lbs rf in a clek foonf
    Rocking out in a 2015 Subaru WRX and a 2006 Toyota Sienna

Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    It's still $247 at Albee. (or maybe it went up and back down today?)
    Must be like Amazon where the price can change in a span of minutes! I see that it is back down to $247. It will still be next Wed. before I can order which is no big deal since they aren't expected to ship until the end of the month.

Senior Community Member

Down to $252 on Amazon

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BEVF1XA/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX 0DER"]Amazon.com: Britax Frontier 90 Booster Car Seat, Cactus Flower: Baby[/ame]

14. Thank You from:

CPS Fanatic
    Its showing in stock at diapers.com for $247

16. Thank You from:

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bella_1818 View Post
    I have a preorder and haven't heard a thing.

Its showing in stock at diapers.com for $247
    So I'm seriously tempted to order here this instead. It is $37 more, so not an insignificant increase, but I could have it by Friday and they offer free returns (just in case). If I'd seen this a couple hours ago when I could have had it by tomorrow, I would not have been able to resist. Do we think it's going to go down more? Do we think the $210 is as good as it will get for a while and possibly worth a bit of wait? I wish I knew what to do.

CPS Fanatic
    Honestly $210 is amazing!

Search for codes in diapers.com they usually allow them on sale items.

19. Thank You from:

CPS Fanatic

Honestly $210 is amazing!

Search for codes in diapers.com they usually allow them on sale items.
    I'm not a new customer and don't see anything applicable. If anyone knows of a code that would work for an established customer on the Frontier 90 seat ...

What kind of code can you use if your a new customer?
    Monica-former CPST, now just a car-seat safety freak.
    Samuel, 12 yrs, seat belt middle passenger row of our Odyssey.
    Mitchell, 10yrs, back row, Amp.
    Lucy, 6 years, booster. All of us occasionally ride in a Honda Fit.

Senior Community Member 2BunniesMommy's Avatar

I don't think you can even as a new customer. I found a 20% off for new customers at diapers.com but it excluded items on sale.

I am trying to find one with a good price and not having to pay sales tax. Is there any site that doesn't have to do sales tax anymore?

CPS Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BunniesMommy View Post
    I don't think you can even as a new customer. I found a 20% off for new customers at diapers.com but it excluded items on sale.

I am trying to find one with a good price and not having to pay sales tax. Is there any site that doesn't have to do sales tax anymore?
    The referral codes should work.

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Cryssy Jane View Post
    I was just told the general 'end of may' response.
    I emailed to check and was told the same.

The referral codes should work.
    So, after reading this I was thinking I could refer my parents, have them buy my seat (or maybe they'll want one for their car), ... but then I looked at the FAQs and the maximum per site discount is $20 and I'd have to buy a pack of diapers (no kids in diapers), so that $20 (discount + referral credit) might not even cover the diapers. Oh well, the $247 is still a good price.

So it looks like some of them are in stock today at Albeebaby has any one gotten a shipping notification yet?