Frontier 90... $210 preorder!

wnkw

I'm practicing self control. My 6 year old does not need another car seat! His FR85 is just fine. *sigh*

I can come up with a million reasons I "need" a Pinnacle though, starting with my car being old (1998) and lacking side air bags. ;)

Ugh me too. Dd will be 6 in september and one our fr85 isnt even a year old..i would love the zebra to match dd's blvd..

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

Athena

So tempting! But I haven't order somewhere I can't return and what if it doesn't work in my car?

Anyone know if it works in Foresters?

Also, any idea of ship date? Can I cancel if I change my mind when it hasn't shipped yet?

I might do it. I shouldn't, but I might.

nickidaim

The price is tempting, I have to keep telling myself to just say no, just stay no, because I need to save money for a second prosport so the twins can have matching seats.

K

k2daho

OMG I am so mad that I just paid $560 for the two seats from Amazon when I could have saved $140! I'm tempted to box them back up and send them back to Amazon, but my kids are SO in love with their new seats and would be so devastated to go back to their Advocates while we waited for the Albeebaby delivery which is who knows when. Bummer!

Jessica61624

OMG I am so mad that I just paid $560 for the two seats from Amazon when I could have saved $140! I'm tempted to box them back up and send them back to Amazon, but my kids are SO in love with their new seats and would be so devastated to go back to their Advocates while we waited for the Albeebaby delivery which is who knows when. Bummer!

Think of all the stuff you could buy with that money!

Athena

I did it! You'll tell my DH how controlled I was to only order one, right? (I really want two. :eek:) I really hope they ship soon ... or if not that they let me cancel if I come to my senses (or find a better price) ... or if I have to wait a while for it, that it ships late to be on the next credit card cycle.

I hope it works in our car! But at this price, I could totally resell it at what I paid, right? I hope so because ordering from somewhere without free returns is causing me some stress, but it's so much less.

I remembered to use the car-seat.org shopping link!

Athena

I don't suppose BRU has them in store yet? I'd feel a lot better knowing it works in my car.

I just ordered 2... 15off worked for both (they were each on a different card). Selling my fr85 today and my peg convertible today for a total of more than buying the two 90s. WOOT

Do you mind my asking how much you got for the FR85? Still trying to figure out how much to charge for mine.

Code works on the Pinnacle too. Brings price down to $235.

Tempting! For only $25 more ... wish I knew if this works/fits in my car.

aporthole

LOL, I feel you...I'm on my third order with Albee Baby for the same seat. I cancelled my original order with 15% off that brought it to $280.49 to place another order but with the 20% off that brought it to $263.99 and was about to cancel that order to buy from Amazon instead and eat the difference to get it faster but then saw the Albee's new sale today with 15% so I can't pass up savings of $95.36 even if it means waiting a little longer. So today Albee got my 2nd cancellation and third order. $210.37 is much cheaper than some Frontier 85's are still selling for. Hopefully that's it for me. My hubby just shakes his head but likes the idea of saving money so it works. If he was in charge of this, he would have paid $329.99.

Ha, ha, when DH saw the box in the garage yesterday he said, "just keep it!". When I told him it would save us $97 to return it and wait a couple weeks he still said, "just keep it!". Lol, I love him for that, but it makes me sick to think of just throwing away a hundred dollars.

aporthole

Do you mind my asking how much you got for the FR85? Still trying to figure out how much to charge for mine.

I bought a FR85 in January for $205 from Albee and when I heard about the 90s coming 3 weeks after we got it, I was able to sell it on Craigslist for $195 within a week. The DOM was Jan 7, 2013 so it was still literally only weeks old.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC