Frontier 90... $210 preorder!

Athena

I received an email that the product I ordered is on back order ... is that standard for preorders or does that mean I won't get one from their first shipment?

I bought a FR85 in January for $205 from Albee and when I heard about the 90s coming 3 weeks after we got it, I was able to sell it on Craigslist for $195 within a week. The DOM was Jan 7, 2013 so it was still literally only weeks old.

Wow, you did do well, but then again, you got a great deal and it was almost new, so that sounds like it worked out well for both parties. Ours has new DOMs when we purchased, but we paid a bit more (about 25% off list) and they've been used for about a year and a half, so I'm just I won't get too much less than the prorated amount off what I paid for our time used. But we'll see how much them being discontinued affects that. I think it will also depend on if I can sell it/them before the price comes down too much.

What do you drive? Can you fit a regular Frontier in it? I'm optimistically expecting very few incompatibilities.

Yes, we have two 85s right now in our 07 Forester. The incompatibilities I'm concerned about are the booster belt guides, because the 85 is the only one that works really well with them (although we'll be keeping at least one 85 anyway), and the click tight system. It sounds like it won't work with all vehicles and I saw something about belt stalk being ahead of seat bight. our bight is up above the seat crease, so in a sense our buckle stalks are in front of it, but I don't think that's what they mean, is it? But I'm easing my nerves by remembering that if it won't work in my car, it might work in the secondary car they sometimes ride in and it's a great deal. Really, if I knew it worked, I'd would order two. Otherwise, who gets the new seat??? I anticipate trouble! :rolleyes:

ADS

msg221

The code no longer works - I just tried it.

I would love to have gotten in on this deal, but it wasn't in the budget. Just paid rent and other bills plus last week our kitchen faucet broke and rather than have to wait until they could send someone out to fix/replace it and having to take off work to meet the maintenance person, we opted to pay for a new one, have DH install it, and get reimbursed. I am waiting for the reimbursement check right now. If we hadn't just spent $150 on that new faucet, I would have ordered one.

Cryssy Jane

Do you mind my asking how much you got for the FR85? Still trying to figure out how much to charge for mine.

$200 cash including a private car seat check and it was a 7.2012 dom that i got in november.

ETA If mine get here before yours, I have full access to just about any subaru possible (my friends and myself all drive subies and one of my friends works at the subaru dealership).

Jessica61624

The code no longer works - I just tried it.

I would love to have gotten in on this deal, but it wasn't in the budget. Just paid rent and other bills plus last week our kitchen faucet broke and rather than have to wait until they could send someone out to fix/replace it and having to take off work to meet the maintenance person, we opted to pay for a new one, have DH install it, and get reimbursed. I am waiting for the reimbursement check right now. If we hadn't just spent $150 on that new faucet, I would have ordered one.

Crap I knew that was going to happen!

msg221

Crap I knew that was going to happen!

I did too! Oh well, if it is still on sale for $247 on Albee, I will just order from them. Still cheaper than Amazon. I'm not worried about whether it will work in my car since I have a FR85 in there now so I don't need the free returns.

ETA: And it's no longer on sale at Albee. Guess I will be waiting it out!

msg221

It's still $247 at Albee. (or maybe it went up and back down today?)

Must be like Amazon where the price can change in a span of minutes! I see that it is back down to $247. It will still be next Wed. before I can order which is no big deal since they aren't expected to ship until the end of the month.

love-pink

Down to $252 on Amazon :dance:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BEVF1XA/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER"]Amazon.com: Britax Frontier 90 Booster Car Seat, Cactus Flower: Baby[/ame]

Athena

Any update on shipping time. I'd really like to have mine by May 29. I might have to cancel my order.

I have a preorder and haven't heard a thing.

Its showing in stock at diapers.com for $247

So I'm seriously tempted to order here this instead. It is $37 more, so not an insignificant increase, but I could have it by Friday and they offer free returns (just in case). If I'd seen this a couple hours ago when I could have had it by tomorrow, I would not have been able to resist. Do we think it's going to go down more? Do we think the $210 is as good as it will get for a while and possibly worth a bit of wait? :confused: I wish I knew what to do.

2BunniesMommy

I don't think you can even as a new customer. I found a 20% off for new customers at diapers.com but it excluded items on sale.

I am trying to find one with a good price and not having to pay sales tax. Is there any site that doesn't have to do sales tax anymore?

Jessica61624

I don't think you can even as a new customer. I found a 20% off for new customers at diapers.com but it excluded items on sale.

I am trying to find one with a good price and not having to pay sales tax. Is there any site that doesn't have to do sales tax anymore?

The referral codes should work.

Athena

I was just told the general 'end of may' response.

I emailed to check and was told the same. :(

The referral codes should work.

So, after reading this I was thinking I could refer my parents, have them buy my seat (or maybe they'll want one for their car), ... but then I looked at the FAQs and the maximum per site discount is $20 and I'd have to buy a pack of diapers (no kids in diapers), so that $20 (discount + referral credit) might not even cover the diapers. Oh well, the $247 is still a good price.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC